Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

MK

April 26th, 2017 04:00

Touchpad not working properly in edge browser afer creator's update

Is anyone using Edge browser after creator update in Alienware 13 r3? Is pinch to zoom using touchpad working fine. In my case pinch to zoom is no longer smooth. Ealier it was smooth like safari bowser in mac.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-msedge/pinch-to-zoom-is-not-working-properly-in-edge/ff1ee72c-b14e-4ef5-9820-2790d81434fe

3 Apprentice

• 

4.4K Posts

April 26th, 2017 08:00

Hi manish.kr‌,

We suggest that you run the System File Checker Tool to repair missing or corrupted files in Windows 10. And also, please make sure to install the pending updates for Microsoft Edge through Windows Updates.

April 26th, 2017 11:00

‌ please let me know if you have any other suggestion. Thanks

Does anyone with Alienware 13 R3 has the same problem. If the problem is specific to me then I will revert back the updates and try reinstalling them again.

I ran the System File checker Tool, I gave me the message "Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations."
So looks like there is no system file corruption.
My system is always up to date.

3 Apprentice

• 

4.4K Posts

April 27th, 2017 08:00

Yes, I'll advise you to do that, since is definitely an issue with the update.  

1 Message

August 10th, 2017 06:00

Me suffering this too. The zoom and scrolling was smooth (was 'stepless') and i loved it.

But after the 'creaters update' it is not more smooth. So i recovered the laptop to its original Windows 10, smoothness came back, i updated windows again to Creaters version, then the trackpad went bad again.

8 Wizard

• 

17K Posts

August 10th, 2017 09:00

If the final version of the Dell provided driver is not working ...

If it's only rated for Windows-8, try installing in Windows-8 Compatibility Mode.

If still problems, uninstall all Dell TouchPad drivers. Delete the TouchPad from Device Manager. Reboot and let Windows Plug-and-Play a driver. See what Windows tosses you from Windows Update. Might not be as full-featured, but maybe it will at least support the basic gestures and work "acceptably".

No Events found!