Start a Conversation

Unsolved

V

2 Posts

May 19th, 2019 09:00

15 R2, screen backlight not working

My issue is that the back light of my R2 screen is not working.  Some times it will work, then turn off, then turn on again, it can be intermittent.   Right now it's off and won't come back on. My power settings are set so that they should not affect the monitor but maybe they are bugged?  The screen works fine otherwise, and my brightness slider is all the way full, but adjusting it does nothing.  It's fine if i'm in a dark room, but if there is any daylight around the screen is extremely dim. 

3 Apprentice

• 

4.4K Posts

May 20th, 2019 13:00

Hi @Veigr

What troubleshooting steps have you tired so far?

Try updating the video drivers.

4 Operator

• 

6.2K Posts

May 20th, 2019 13:00

Welcome to the Dell Community  @Veigr 

Try doing a "Flex" test???

While the laptop is booted and the screen is on, but in your case it can be off..

Grab the display at the upper left and right corners.

Then push one side forward and the other side backwards about 1/2" to 1"

Repeat back and forth. "Flex Test"

Post any results you see???

Best regards,

U2

2 Posts

May 21st, 2019 07:00

Currently the back light is working.  The flex test did not affect the light.

The back light has turned off randomly for 5-10 seconds during a game and a show I was watching, but currently it works.

It started working again after I turned it on yesterday.  It had been off for 12 hours.  Not sure if that affects it.

1 Message

August 25th, 2019 15:00

Did you ever figure out a solution to this?  I have the same scenario going on right now.  It's currently not working.  This is the fourth time it's stopped working, it will stay off for a day or two then work for a few weeks...

671 Posts

August 27th, 2019 08:00

Do you have an active warranty on the computer? Perhaps we can help out. 

No Events found!