Start a Conversation

Unsolved

R

3 Posts

October 22nd, 2019 06:00

17 R2, problem upgrading to new 500GB M.2

Hello,

My system is an Alienware 17 R2, running on Win 10.

I purchased a new 500g m.2 ssd, "Crucial MX500 500GB 3D NAND SATA M.2 Type 2280SS Internal SSD - CT500MX500SSD4" with the intention of upgrading the factory 128g boot drive.  I popped the new m.2 into slot 3, booted the system, intialized it as MBR and then used the cloning software from Crucial to clone the entire contents of C Drive \ 128g boot drive to the new 500g one.  The cloning software said it was successful and told me to shutdown, remove the 128g m.2 and install the 500g m.2 in that same slot and then reboot.

I did this, booted it back on and after a few seconds it goes to a blue screen asking for media to help recover or repair the drive.  With options of hitting enter to try again, F8 to access (something... i forget / boot options?)  and F12 to access UEFI firmware settings.  Enter to retry does not work, F8 does not work, but F12 gets me into the BIOS settings.  From here I have no idea what to do... if anything should be done.

I may try this again tonight but will do a recovery / boot disk to USB before hand so that I can try to repair it from the blue screen.

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated, thank you.  Let me know if there is anything else I can provide that would help trouble shoot this.

Sincerely,

No Responses!
No Events found!