Highlighted
alienwarefe
1 Copper

17 R5, Command Center and AlienFX lights not working

AWCC (Alienware Command center) is not working properly. I bought Alienware 17 R5 weeks ago everything was perfect except AWCC. I tried everything what comes to your mind about this issue such as update all drivers from the Dell's web site, clean install Windows 10. I opened the back case of laptop than plugged out, plugged in battery. I reset cmos etc. My bios is updated. I have done everything. In conclusion; my is not working properly. When I run the AWCC, I see the "no supported AlienFX device were detected. Alienware Command Center will enable the full FX experience once an AlienFX compatible device is connected..." warning. Really? Now the FX lights are not working. I read from the forums about this problem. Many people facing the same problem and they are all waiting new update!

17 Replies
Highlighted

Re: 17 R5, Command Center and AlienFX lights not working

Same thing happens to me, and I also tried everything, but didn't work.

Highlighted
alienwarefe
1 Copper

“If the clean installation of windows has been properly done that'll will definitely tell us this is not a software glitch. A hardware component most be replaced” they told me from the Alienware Support on Twitter.

A lot of people facing this problem. I wish I bought another gaming laptop. It is very sad thing for customers and the Dell Alienware brand image!

(1)
Highlighted

Hi @alienwarefe@paradisiac_devil 

If you still need help with this, send me a private message with the Service Tag so I can review the case. 

Alienware Arena

Alienware-Eimy
Dell | Alienware Technical Support
#IWork4Dell
Opening your case does not void your warranty! Check out Alienware Artificial Intelligence
I can't always reply to PM's, if you need extra assistance visit: YouTube Logo Facebook Logo Twitter Logo

Highlighted
Kelley959
1 Copper

I had some issues with CC as well.  Called tech support.  They have a new version of CC that you have to get.  She was able to help me through  the internet and now CC is working properly.  Double check the version you are using.

Highlighted
alienwarefe
1 Copper

yes, i need help. At least i am going to send my laptop to the warranty.

But another problem: my warranty valid in the USA, i am living in turkey. i am trying to transfer my warranty from USA to Turkey.
i explained here: https://www.dell.com/community/Customer-Care/How-To-Warranty-Transfer-From-USA-to-Turkey/m-p/7297350...

alienwarefe
1 Copper

You have reached the limit for number of private messages that you can send for now. Please try again later.

because of tthis i can not send my service tag via private message.

Highlighted

I got the PM. We already replied. 

Alienware Arena

Alienware-Eimy
Dell | Alienware Technical Support
#IWork4Dell
Opening your case does not void your warranty! Check out Alienware Artificial Intelligence
I can't always reply to PM's, if you need extra assistance visit: YouTube Logo Facebook Logo Twitter Logo

Highlighted
spawn1907
1 Copper

I have same issue.I tried many things even drain the power.But it doesnt work.Formatted with another version Windows.Pls help about this case.
Highlighted
alienwarefe
1 Copper

it's %5 software problem, %95 Hardware problem!(motherboard) It's also faulty production not an user error. Alienware have to fix this problem immediately! The must recall the broken laptops!