Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

June 15th, 2018 03:00

17 R5, location of color themes

Hi does anyone know where the color themes are stored. In my old 17 R4 they were stored in a folder in my documents by default. But i cant find them anywhere on my new laptop. I am using the latest control center.

Are the themes stored internally now?

Thanks

2 Posts

April 5th, 2019 18:00

After several weeks and over a dozen agents I have the folder where the themes are stored; 

C:\Users\your user account\AppData\Local\Packages\DellInc.AlienwareCommandCenter_htrsf667h5kn2\LocalState\FX

I've verified that this is the folder by creating and deleting themes to see if new files appear and disappear.

3 Apprentice

• 

4.4K Posts

June 15th, 2018 14:00

Hi @BonesB,

Control Center or Command Center? They should be stored in the same place. Documents, AlienFX, Themes.

Check where they're saved when saving one.

83 Posts

June 16th, 2018 01:00

Ok just made a new theme. Named it something realy stupid so that it could not have the same name as any other file in windows. Did a search of the whole pc and nothing. My command centre is working ok. Its just that i want to back up the themes. So now what. I have a perfectly working command centre that does not require any files in my Documents, AlienFX, Themes.????

83 Posts

June 16th, 2018 01:00

Thanks for the reply. My fault, i meant the Alienfx command centre.

I have checked and they are not in my documents. When you save a colour theme it does not give you the option where to save. You click the save theme button and thats it. Have you actually used the new command centre? Do you know what extension the saved theme uses, then i can do a search for it.

July 12th, 2018 10:00

I am having the exact same problem.   I created a unique theme and saved it and searched for it and can't find it. 

That folder did not even exist for me. I created it and put some themes I downloaded into it and they did not appear in my command center list. 

Where are they being stored?

July 13th, 2018 07:00

My other question is that my laptop that I just got this week had no themes already made.  This is my 6th Alienware laptop and they all came with some preloaded themes to choose from.  I find it very odd that this one did not have any.   I wouldn't mind it if I could find out where they are being stored and download some others. But I still can't find that. 

Any assistance would be appreciated.

Thanks

83 Posts

July 14th, 2018 08:00

No one seems to know. I dont think they are being stored in windows.

Thanks for the reply, at least i know its not just my machine. Must be the same for all with the new fx software.

August 20th, 2018 14:00

Hello everyone, I have a problem with alienware command center, the macros do not work, I have tested several times and I can not, another problem I face is about alienfx that does not save the themes and does not show folders where it was saved

1 Message

March 10th, 2019 00:00

C:\Users\drpep\Documents\AlienFX

Replace \drpep\ with your account name. This should bring you to were your saved themes are. Do keep in mind that is only for themes that you have saved, not the pre-loaded example themes that come installed.

2 Posts

March 23rd, 2019 12:00

Nope, no such folder! I made and saved 4 themes and none of them are saved anywhere on my laptop that I've been able to find.

I did find that if you enable "hidden files" you can find some info inside of C:\ProgramData\Alienware\Alienware Command Center\FXMetadata but none of it seems related to themes as I've added and deleted them and no new files appear in the folder. Also, a search for alienfx yields a treasure trove of info but again, none of it seems to hold anything useful. There is an interesting file, settings_alienfx, with the following....

83 Posts

March 24th, 2019 03:00

Thats the path for the older version of AWCC. Thanks anyway.

1 Message

August 12th, 2019 12:00

Didn't solve my issue. Still no themes. My PC is detected as an R5 but is labeled as an R4. Anyone from Dell ever look at this site?
No Events found!