Start a Conversation

Unsolved

M

1 Message

March 26th, 2019 15:00

15 R3, Defective battery

Pretty annoyed, Iv'e been a loyal customer for years. I always purchase Alienware when possible. Even though I sometimes had problems in past machines, but I like the brand. But I really hope this can be resolved. Since I paid a premium for this laptop and a warranty. This defect appeared 4 months after my warranty ended.)The lithium battery is defective and expanded breaking the laptop casing, never mind the danger this caused me having the chance of potentially exploding on my lap! All outside 4 months of the warranty window after my purchase of a year this doesn't seem acceptable to me. I really don't want to jump ship to HP anytime soon but I really don't want to pay more to get this fixed when it is clearly a manufacturing problem. Is there anything Dell can do to resolve this? Since this isn't me breaking the laptop or doing anything wrong but a defective battery I was sold. 

photo5823169157758300529.jpg

3 Apprentice

• 

4.4K Posts

March 27th, 2019 09:00

Hi @MonkeyBrainn

Please contact our out of warranty department at 866 287 6727 opt#4, to see what options they can offer you.

No Events found!