Start a Conversation

Unsolved

T

3 Posts

July 11th, 2020 16:00

Area-51m R2, Right mouse button locking when hit multiple times

Hello,

I just received my laptop and have been installing multiple games. I have mostly been playing with a controller, but when I started to play World of Warcraft and Elder Scrolls Online, I noticed there is an issue with my right mouse button. If I click the right mouse button 3+ times (its not always consistent with how many click it will take) the right mouse button "locks" as if I am holding it down. 

I checked the mouse settings and click to lock is not checked. WOW and ESO are the only two games I have downloaded right now that I don't use a controller with, and I am assuming this is a general problem since it is happening in both games. I have tried to play with different setting but nothing has stopped the issue. I also have palm rejection off if that makes a difference. 

5 Practitioner

• 

3.1K Posts

July 11th, 2020 19:00

Uninstall the Touchpad driver and reinstall it to check if it fixed it.

if it didn’t, I’d recommend to use an external mousepad.

3 Posts

July 11th, 2020 23:00

Thank you, uninstalling the driver and reinstalling it fixed it

5 Practitioner

• 

3.1K Posts

July 13th, 2020 01:00

Your welcome.

3 Posts

July 13th, 2020 19:00

Sadly it is back again. After uninstalling and reinstalling the driver the problem is fixed. As soon as the computer is restarted the problem is back. I explored it a little more and it turns out if you depress either button too long it auto locks it. None of the auto lock settings are on. I have uninstalled the driver and the alienware touchpad app and reinstalled them. This is making no sense to me since it is corrected every time I reinstall the drive but as soon as the computer is restarted or turned off and on the problem is back. 

5 Practitioner

• 

3.1K Posts

July 13th, 2020 20:00

You should reinstall the driver one more time and connect an external mouse to use the computer.

1 Message

February 8th, 2021 19:00

I have the same issue. Did you ever get a resolution?

No Events found!