Start a Conversation

Unsolved

J

3 Posts

December 4th, 2018 00:00

15 R4, GPU fan not working

My GPU fan suddenly stopped working. Everytime that i startup my laptop the fans are tested and i get an error stating that my VGA(GPU)  fan is not responding properly.

I know that the both fans work because from the alienware command center I can turn both fans on, but when i try to turn them off only the CPU fan turns off, but the GPU fans keep working.

I have updated my BIOS, but this dint fix the problem. Even during the BIOS update both fans were spinning.

61 Posts

December 4th, 2018 01:00

I have the same problem with mine. Super annoying. I don't know where the problem is coming from, but it is clearly a software error somewhere. Not hardware.

3 Apprentice

• 

4.4K Posts

December 4th, 2018 13:00

Hi @JavCas0210@MotorDonkey,

BIOS needs to be up to date.

Uninstall and reinstall the AW Command Center following ALL the steps on this article. 

If the issue persists send me a private message with the Service Tag so I can review the case.

November 7th, 2021 22:00

@JavCas0210  @MotorDonkey  Try installing SpeedFan

It will work... (most cases) Set the speed of the fan to 100)  Download Speedfan here

Go to speedfan and it will show the fan.. then click advanced. then it will show the fans. then disable the GPU fan and enable it again

No Events found!