Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

April 4th, 2018 12:00

Home and End key functionality?

Hey all - I just started working on an Alienware 15 r3, and am finding an interesting issue - there are no dedicated keys for Home and End functionality, but the common [Fn]+[arrow key] combination for this function also does not work. I've done a bit of research, yet can't seem to find any way to access the Home/End functions on this keyboard.

Any help? Does Alienware do this a different way, or is it actually just not possible?

9 Legend

• 

14K Posts

Maybe this varies by region since keyboard layouts vary by region, and I don't know what region you're in, but this link is an image of the US keyboard layout of an Alienware 15 R3, and the Home and End keys are along the top row just to the left of the Delete key at the upper-right corner: https://www.techspot.com/photos/article/1289-alienware-15-r3/#Alienware15F-7

Cough... cough... *furtive glances left and right*

Well spotted. =P I'm trying to come up with a witty way to blame this on lack of caffeine consumption, or some such... but basically, I somehow completely missed this DESPITE looking fruitlessly around the keyboard for just such dedicated keys all this time. I think I'm so used to the Fn key combination that the dedicated keys didn't really register... even as I looked for them!

Thanks for helping out. =D

9 Legend

• 

14K Posts

Ha!  No problem at all.  I actually got quite used to having those functions on dedicated keys in the upper-right corner over several years of using laptops that used that configuration, so it was quite an adjustment for me to start using the Fn key and arrow keys to activate Home/End when I got a Latitude 5580 for work. Happy keyboarding! :)

No Events found!