Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

A

January 16th, 2018 16:00

How can I restore back OEM info on windows properties

When you right click properties on this PC > you have the information window about your computer. When I firstly received there was a logo there, actually an Alienware logo... after I did a clean format it was lost! Is there any official way to restore it back? Or what steps should I do... otherwise, I know all the workarounds how to put it via regedit but I'm lookin for an official way.

4 Operator

• 

14K Posts

January 16th, 2018 19:00

The official way would be to wipe your hard drive and restore the factory image that set all of that info.  That may be possible via an OEM Recovery partition if your system still has it after your clean install, otherwise Dell for at least some systems allows a factory recovery image to be downloaded and used to create a bootable USB flash drive.  If you don't want to go to all of that trouble, then you'd have to either add that information back yourself or leave it as-is.  Since I don't really see any point in having that information given that I've performed clean, generic Microsoft installs on all of my systems for over a decade and have never wished that information was available for me to look at, I personally would do the latter.

7 Technologist

• 

16K Posts

January 17th, 2018 06:00

You would need someone with an Alienware on factory settings to provide the OEM folder found in C:\Windows\System32

Once this is done you would need the following registry entry... This is taken from a Dell System so may be slightly different.

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\OEMInformation]
"Logo"="%SystemRoot%\\system32\\oem\\SystemLogo.bmp"
"Manufacturer"="Dell"
"SupportURL"="http://support.dell.com"

16 Posts

January 17th, 2018 15:00

yeah but can anyone here share the OEM folder (the original one). I know how to edit the registry but I mean is there any official way of doing this! Thanks a lot guys for helping me... I really appreciate this.

1 Message

April 28th, 2019 04:00

Can you tell me how to do that, I mean the registry part

4 Posts

November 27th, 2021 09:00

windows+R > regedit > enter

No Events found!