Alienware 15r3
1 Copper

Killer Wireless 1550 (9269NGW) preventing gmail from loading

New Alienware 15 r3: have noticed the latest Killer Wireless 1550 drivers prevent gmail and other google account settings from loading (other https sites open fine). Shutting down killer drivers enables gmail to load normally.

The problem is easily recreated and fixed. Not sure why this is happening, but troubleshooting many other drivers, software settings and networking options all failed to solve the problem; only shutting down the killer drivers enables gmail (and other google account settings) to open.

Maybe I am missing something? This happened with the prev set of drivers they had out. Has anyone else noticed this problem?

0 Kudos
14 Replies

Re: Killer Wireless 1550 (9269NGW) preventing gmail from loading

Hi, 

Can you please explain what you mean by "shutting down the Wi-fi drivers"? Are you disabling them in Device Manager or reinstalling them? Can you confirm if this problem also happens when using the LAN connection?

Alienware Arena

Alienware-Rodrigo
Dell | Alienware Technical Support
#IWork4Dell
Opening your case does not void your warranty! Check out Alienware Artificial Intelligence
I can't always reply to PM's, if you need extra assistance visit: YouTube Logo Facebook Logo Twitter Logo

0 Kudos
Alienware 15r3
1 Copper

"Shutting down wifi drivers":
by this I mean I Open task manager, finding entities labeled "Killer..." and force closing them. Usually 2 entries.

This gmail blocking phenomenon occurs on different wifi networks (not limited to one in particular).
I do not routinely use a LAN connection, but I could try it and let you know.

0 Kudos
Alienware 15r3
1 Copper

I disconnected from wifi and connected to internet w cat 5 wire to router. Turned on Killer network services and killer control center app. It blocked gmail. Closed the service and app, problem resolved instantly.

0 Kudos

Hi, 

Just to confirm, are you saying that doing this fixes the problem with both the Lan and WiFi drivers? 

Alienware Arena

Alienware-Rodrigo
#IWork4Dell
Opening your case does not void your warranty! Check out Alienware Artificial Intelligence
I can't always reply to PM's, if you need extra assistance visit: YouTube Logo Facebook Logo Twitter Logo

0 Kudos
Xanidus
1 Copper

I just wanted to chime in here. I have been having tremendous issues with my Killer Wireless AC-1550 as well.  Accessing sites like twitch.tv, gmail, lowes.com, and even issues on facebook.  Today I disabled my wireless as a test and plugged in to my router with CAT5 and the issues disappeared. 

I then found this forum and disabled the Killer appliactions like OP mentioned and now all the sites run great on my wireless.  I don't think i was having this issue before the wireless driver update as these sites worked just fine when i bought the laptop in February.

0 Kudos

Thanks for confirming that.

Alienware Arena

Alienware-Rodrigo
#IWork4Dell

0 Kudos
Alienware 15r3
1 Copper

With all killer services and apps off, I have no problem w gmail, on wifi or lan. With either wifi or Lan (cat 5 wire to router), if I turn on Killer network services and/or killer control center app, I then loose access to gmail. If I then close the killer service and/or app, the problem resolves instantly (I am able to get gmail), proving the killer network service and/or the the killer control center is/are the culprit(s).

beamermt79
4 Germanium

The application (not the drivers) is probably doing some sort of pre-caching thing and having issues with HTTPS secure sites. You should be able to remove the app without removing or manipulating the drivers for the card itself. Or there could be something inside the app like a setting that you could disable. I'd look for something called pre-caching or wireless enhancement or something funky and see if you can disable that if you dont want to try removing the app itself.
0 Kudos
TAC57
1 Copper

Re: Killer Wireless 1550 (9269NGW) preventing gmail from loa

I'm having the exact same problem.  What app do I need to disable?  I close the Killer Control Center still can't access gmail.com.

0 Kudos