Start a Conversation

Unsolved

C

1 Message

July 19th, 2019 19:00

m15 R1, AlienFx not working

Hello,

So I just updated some stuff on my Alienware m15 R1 and I realized that my Fx is missing on my Command Center. I tried reinstalling the command center but it didn't appear. It says "No supported AlienFX devices were detected. Alienware Command Center will enable the Full Fx experience once an AlienFX compatible device is connected. Please note that some features may be unavailable without a connected Alienfx device." I don't know what to do. I can't change my lighting or my fan speed. I hope someone can help me fix it. Thanks

1 Message

July 20th, 2019 06:00

same thing happens to me.  it was working fine a week ago.  Some updates must have broke it.  Looking for solution and found your post.

5 Posts

July 20th, 2019 12:00

I am having the same issue with my m15 oled, starting about a few days ago.  The first indication was that my theme in FX just stopped showing up, and the keyboard backlight was a flat red color.  This was driving me crazy because I'm paranoid something is wrong with the hardware.  Here are the symptoms and what I've tried.

Symptoms:

-Alienware FX not showing as an option unless I run a system restore back to July 16th.  Then it shows, but when I save my FX layout, nothing happens.

-In Device Manager, I see "Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor Request Failed)"  **Can anyone confirm they are seeing this as well???  I think this is the keyboard backlight driver**

Troubleshooting attempts:

-Ran all system updates --- NOTE there is another issue where the latest BIOS (2.x) refuses to install now, as well.

- Ran system restore to the 16th and it worked the first time, but the moment Alienware CC updated again it seems to have broken itself again.

-Attempted to remove the Unknown USB Device and restart.  No luck.  It just comes back.

-Restored again.  This time it's not working at all.  Same issues.  Now the keyboard is stuck an ugly lime green.

All in all I'm pretty darn frustrated with this.  If it's hardware I'm sending this thing back as soon as possible as it's a $3000 laptop and shouldn't be having these issues so soon (a few months old).  Even if it's software - **bleep** alienware?  This is your next gen product and you can't even properly test your product before deploying and breaking everything?

5 Posts

July 21st, 2019 19:00

I talked to a friend who has an R17, and he says that his backlighting is messed up too since the latest update to CC/FX.  I'm thinking that Alienware needs to fix the latest version of CC or FX, so that Win10 can detect the proper USB driver for the keyboard lighting.

3 Apprentice

• 

4.4K Posts

July 22nd, 2019 15:00

Hi @Chiken1 @lettcco

Send me a private message (by clicking on my Alienware name) with the Alienware PC Service Tag number, a detailed explanation of the issue and the troubleshooting steps you have tried so far, so I can review your case.

3 Apprentice

• 

4.4K Posts

July 23rd, 2019 14:00

Hi @Chiken1

Try a system restore back to a date AWCC was working properly. We are facing some challenges with the latest Command Center version so in the meantime it is better that, if your current AWCC version works well, you stay in it.

Let us know!

1 Message

September 10th, 2019 16:00

I am having the same issue with my keyboard..my command center does not detect any alienfx devices even though my area51m is fully operational. How do I restore my command center to a pre-update version? Kindly let me know asap...I am on the latest version of the Alienware Command Center.

15 Posts

October 6th, 2019 03:00

My area51m have this issue as well. Tried lots of “sollutions” found in other forums, but none worked. There is nowhere in dell support page to download previous versions of the AWCC. So my KB light are stucked in pale blue, and no way to control it. No alienfx control in AWCC, and F12 key doesn’t work at all.

137 Posts

October 6th, 2019 07:00

Hi

What Antivirus do you use? I had the same with Comodo IS.Then I use ESET without any problems

Let force be with you!

November 9th, 2019 21:00

Anything? Same exact problem. Dell remote control proved useless in this case. Do I really have to reinstall windows and everything to perhaps find out it just updates again and I end up with the same situation?

November 12th, 2019 07:00

Thanks for the heads up! I got it fixed myself. I gave up and went with last resort. Entered bios with f12. Support assist OS recovery > you get factory reset and updated cloud reset options. I hit cloud reset, after it does it's thing i updated win 10. then got awcc from microsoft store and accepted all attached downloads that sporadically show up after running awcc. Everything is working normal now. No more updates for me though. If it ain't broke than don't fix it... and pray that auto updates don't mess anything up again.

15 Posts

November 12th, 2019 07:00

Hey Creywillis and everyone here. Thanks to McScruffy instructions in another Dell forum page, i’ve managed to dix the alienfx issue. Here is the link. Find page 7 of the discussion. McSruffy posted a stepbystep fix. My alien fx is fully functional now. Mu note is an Alienware area51m

https://www.dell.com/community/Alienware/17-R5-no-supported-AlienFX-devices-were-detected/td-p/7305417/page/7

hope it work for everyone here, and Help Dell to solve this issue once and for all

1 Rookie

• 

2 Posts

December 19th, 2019 08:00

Hi!

I am having same issue.

Installed latest Win10, BIOS, and .NET. The error occured after ACC has been updated to the latest version. Downgrade didn't help, neither did following instructions: 

https://www.dell.com/support/article/no/no/nobsdt1/sln303405/fjerne-og-installere-alienware-command-...

I have reinstalled the PC, updated as I have been asked to do by support staff, the issue is still there.

1 Message

January 31st, 2021 20:00

Im having the same issue as seen on this thread. Was hoping to resolve this. 

13 Posts

February 2nd, 2021 09:00

I been going through this AFX B.S. for a little over a FULL year.  What a shame Dell.

1 Message

April 15th, 2021 02:00

i have the same problem on my area 51m. Did you find any solutions ?

No Events found!