Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

April 29th, 2020 15:00

m15 R1, Alienware Command Center Suite

I'm trying to clear room on the SSD of my laptop, and one of the things that is both taking up too much space for its own good and seems to be responsible for occasional BSOD (Memory Management Error) is Alienware Command Center Suite.  After uinstalling this, I've discovered that I have five folders in the Public/Public Documents/Downloaded Installations folder with five (see attached screenshots) large subfolders with what appear to be installer packages for older versions of alienware command center suite, and these are taking up several GB's of space (no small consideration since more than half of the 100GB on SSD is taken up by Windows files).  I was curious why these are (still) here, assuming after previous installations were completed and since I don't think I need AWCC as such, if I should bother keeping these installer files at all.  Or, are these even what they appear to be at all?  Thanks in advance for help!

c2.PNGc1.PNG

5 Practitioner

• 

1.5K Posts

April 29th, 2020 15:00

Personally I'd uninstall Command Center from the Control Panel and then delete any additional files you can see. Then I'd reinstall the latest Command Center version from the Support page. 

1 Rookie

• 

2 Posts

16-05-2024 14:41 PM

@mattyb3​ The latest version compatible with my system, a Dell G5000, is AWCC 5.7.3.0 gets interrupted in the same spot every time, same thing with 5.6.1.0, and 5.1.27.0 installs but shows the starting AWCC Logo and never starts up. There is a 5.1.23.0 that Dell support will not make available for me since it is not the latest driver....
I just Found a 5.2..1.0, but Dell.com says it's not compatible with my windows 10...

Still working on things, will report back if I have any breakthroughs.

No Events found!