Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 10th, 2017 12:00

AppSync phase failure

We are getting the error below most of the time when AppSync tries to mount RecoverPoint bookmark LUNs to VMware ESXi hosts.

Virtual center service operation failed with error: InvalidState. Using the VI client, check the ESX servers for tasks and events, or alarms.

There is an article regarding this error in the previous versions but it has been fixed with AppSync ver 3.1 Sp1 above.as per the article.

We have AppSync version 3.5.0.1. Trying to find a solution for this. Had anyone similar error?

82 Posts

December 11th, 2017 06:00

I have seen this when there had been vCenter issues. I was having issues with the ESX hosts and a vCenter server in my environment, and after remediating those issues, mine happen to have required an entire ESX host and vCenter host reboots, everything worked.

My environment was working just fine, and I had not made any changes, or added anything new, and then got these errors, which told me something else in the environment, not AppSync related was most likely the cause...which it was.

27 Posts

December 18th, 2017 13:00

Would you happen know the issues you had with ESXI hosts?

82 Posts

December 19th, 2017 04:00

I am sorry, but I am not a VMware Administrator, so could not diagnose the issue and provide an RCA, and because of this, I did what most non-admins do...try the reboot method...not ideal, but whatever it was, most likely a hung or locked service, was fixed.

2 Posts

September 22nd, 2018 08:00

Thanks a lot! I will use it for AppSync report

Michael Fox, essay grader

February 19th, 2019 06:00

Oh, it is so important and necessary to pay attention at.... So what's the key finally?

6 Posts

January 18th, 2022 19:00

Was facing the same issue. But Now working properly. Wondering how is that possible?.

No Events found!