Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

April 12th, 2016 05:00

Pre-Script error terminate plan execution

How can execution of a copy plan be terminated if an error is encountered in the pre-copy script?

It seems the current behavior is to error just the pre-copy script phase which will send an alert, but I cannot find any documentation on a method to terminate the plan.

Thanks,

Dave

82 Posts

April 15th, 2016 09:00

The UI (web based GUI) has pre-copy, post-copy, and post-mount script options, where you select a script to initiate. If a script that is initiated by this method fails, AppSync will continue providing an array copy, and will not notify you of the error. Please see the User and Administration Guide for more details. These can also be managed by REST and CLI scripting.

AppSync also supports "callout" scripts for the file system service plans. These are designed to support freezing/thawing 3rd party databases that AppSync does not support with native APIs. More details are depicted in the User and Administration guide.

If a callout script fails, so will the AppSync job, because if a database is not able to be frozen or thawed, it is not likely to be valid.

82 Posts

April 12th, 2016 05:00

Dave,

Your script must have an exit code. An exit code of zero will allow AppSync to continue. Any exit code other than zero will cause the AppSync job to fail.

82 Posts

April 12th, 2016 07:00

Researching...

17 Posts

April 12th, 2016 07:00

Schifa,

Thank you for the reply! I have error handling in my script and am throwing an error.

AppSync_Event_Log.PNG.png

See the log above, the script did error and exit with the error code of 1, but the next phases still continue.

Your help is much appreciated in working through this issue. I am a partner working with a customer on an implementation.

Thank You,

Dave

17 Posts

April 12th, 2016 13:00

Any luck?

82 Posts

April 14th, 2016 11:00

The official answer is that this is expected behavior. Callout scripts will cause the service plan to fail, but the UI initiated scripts will not.

17 Posts

Thanks, I see it in the docs now.

Appreciate the help.

17 Posts

Can you elaborate on callout vs UI initiated? I do not understand the difference.

No Events found!