Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

June 30th, 2010 22:00

"The server encountered an internal error. Please try again."

I received an error "The server encountered an internal error. Please try again." when I try to delete an object from Atmos, Code 500, Error code 1001. My application will retry 6 times if an server error occurred by default, but every time I got the same message. The strange thing is that not every object can't be deleted, but only some of them. So I have two questions.

Is it possible that my application caused this error?

Is there any limitation when deleting object?  Some special object can't be deleted?

222 Posts

August 30th, 2010 07:00

Gonzalez,

Sorry for the much delayed response.  We had some issues with internal server errors at the time of your original posting, but the issues were resolved a short time afterward.

Let us know if you still experience the problem.

Raj

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

May 11th, 2011 15:00

I am getting this error with version 1.4.1.59250a (atmos-1.4.1.59250a-x86_64-disc1.iso)

It has happened a number of times on a number of installs. The event that seems cause the error is doing a simple restart of the Atmos VM from the console. Once I have restarted the VM, the configuration is unusable. Before restarting the VM works fine. The restart was performed because I wanted to snapshot the VM after I had perofrmed the intital install and configuration. The VM was shutdown using the following command:

shutdown -h now

When I power it back up and try to connect I can get a directoy listing OK but I am unable to posta any additiona files.

I was using AtmosFox .6 to test. Before the system restart I put a single file onto the storage. After the restart AtmosFox returns the following listing.

http://www.emc.com/cos/">

4dcaf267a108361504dcaf58119d4c04dcaf9118119e
            regular
            change.log

atime
                    2011-05-11T21:01:05Z

size

Using the same file transfer mechanism that I used to put the file shown in the listing above onto the Atmos VM, I receive the following response after the VM has been restarted:

The server encountered an internal error. Please try again.

16 Posts

May 13th, 2011 12:00

Atmos, being a distributed system, requires at least 2 nodes per RMG (an RMG is a collection of Atmos nodes in a given location). I believe that the system you had originally created consists of only a single node. As you power down and power back up that node, it's looking for the presence of other processes which it can't find and is therefore not initializing itself correctly.

The minimal tested configuration is 1 RMG consisting of 2 Atmos nodes. This configuration should provide you a more reliable experience in your test lab as well as allow you to distribute your REST requests across more than one Atmos node for greater availability.

No Events found!