Start a Conversation

Unsolved

P

7 Posts

May 12th, 2021 07:00

Unity REST API help needed for Replication tasks

Hello All,

I am looking for REST API calls syntax or procedure for Managing remote replication on Unity. The REST API syntax should be added to the customer's Perl script. If any one of you has tested a similar scenario, I appreciate your feedback or help.

Thanks,

Pradeep Nair

72 Posts

May 12th, 2021 10:00

Hi Pradeep

Has the customer reviewed these two documents on the Unity REST API?

Dell EMC Unity Family REST API Reference Guide
https://www.delltechnologies.com/en-us/collaterals/unauth/quick-reference-guides/products/storage/docu91031.pdf

REST API Programmer's Guide - Dell Technologies
https://www.delltechnologies.com/en-au/collaterals/unauth/technical-guides-support-information/products/storage/docu69331.pdf

Thanks
Bryan

May 12th, 2021 17:00

Thanks, Bryan.

The customer uses Perl script, and they need to incorporate the REST API calls. The documentation that you have referred to here does not clearly mention syntax examples for creating a replication session, monitoring for performing failover/failback tasks. The end-user needs to try several attempts to derive a REST API call from the documents. This is a time-consuming task. My customer is switching from IBM storage to DELL EMC and this is a critical deliverable. They have not established a Unity replication yet. Once they establish the replication we need to provide the REST API calls. Until then, we can not test these REST API calls, that's another challenge. I am trying to get some REST API calls from ana another customer environment and need help in solving the errors during REST API calls.

72 Posts

May 14th, 2021 07:00

Pradeep,

I'm asking around my contacts to see if there is anyone with some more Perl examples. 

I did notice one Perl example in the programmers guide on page #126 for creating a volume.  And in the REST API reference guide the "replicationSession" resource description starts on page #267.  There you will find the endpoints for creating a new session and then performing failover/failback on it as necessary.

Thanks
Bryan

No Events found!