Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

January 2nd, 2019 08:00

Adding static route in Avamar

Hello All,

I don't know whether this is a right question to ask but as a newbie to Avamar product,I want someone to answer my question regarding adding static routes to Avamar (single node grid). is it even possible ?

We have two networks (network 1, network 2) which are isolated but recently we decided to backup all the clients from network 2 to network 1. since both the networks are segregated the networking team created a routing interface for devices in network 1 to talk to devices in network 2 and vice versa. so my question is, is it possible to add static route in (Avamar)IDPA for all the devices in network 1 to talk to devices in network 2

Note : the networking team did a ping test from all the routers (16) in network 2 to Avamar and to routing interface everything is reachable. Even the Avamar in Network 1 can reach the routing interface that's created but cannot reach any router (16) in network 2. There are no firewalls on the routers in network 2.So what changes need to be made on Avamar/DD. Is it even possible ?

I hope this makes sense. Let me know if you have any questions. I can provide more details if needed.

Thanks in Advance

PK

1 Message

January 2nd, 2019 12:00

you can run an "ip route add" to add it to the route table

if you can ping a server in the new vlan then you will need to edit the /etc/sysconfig/network/routes file to make it permanent

you will need to add the route to the DD as well but it can be done from the DD mgmt. GUI

January 3rd, 2019 08:00

Thank You @ dlmartin

No Events found!