Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

February 28th, 2013 07:00

Advantages of moving from 6.1.0-402 to 6.1.1-87

Greetings,    

Currently runing 6.1.0-402 and I've seen 6.1.1-87 was released a while back; How can I determine what was addressed in the 1-87 release?  We are starting to use VMware/Proxy/Image backups and it seems a lot of new work has gone into this area and I'm assuming some issues (not that we have any) have been fixed.

Also, does routine run and maintain suggest moving to the 1-87 version?

Thank you.

133 Posts

February 28th, 2013 07:00

Hello,

The best way to see the list of new features and fixes in any release is to review the Release notes. You can obtain the release notes for 6.1 on support.emc.com using this link:

https://support.emc.com/docu39162_Avamar_6.1_Release_Notes.pdf?language=en_US

A great deal of changes have been made to the VMWare VCenter integration in 6.1. But there are considerations you should be aware of before you upgrade from 6.0 to 6.1. These are also discussed in the release notes.

At this time EMC's position is that you only consider going to 6.1 if you are seeing some of the new functionality that is offered by 6.1. However, it you are looking for stability and continued operation, the current reccomendation is to upgrade to 6.0.2-156 (6.0 Service Pack 2).

If you are looking to schedule an upgrade please visit this EMC solution on powerlink to see what is involved in an upgrade:
http://solutions.emc.com/emcsolutionview.asp?id=esg122106

Once you have read this document Open up a Service Request to request an upgrade to your server. The Scheduling process will move quicker if you can provide the following information in the request:

1. Server Name (FQDN).

2. Server System ID number.

3. Number of Data nodes.

4. Avamar Data Store Hardware Generation.

If you have any other questions, please feel free to contact me directly:

Jeff Cameron
Avamar and Greenplum Upgrade Team Technical Manager
Worldwide Technical Support – RCM

EMC Corporation
Office Hours: M-F, 6:30AM – 4:00PM PST (GMT-8)

Direct Office #: +1 949-812-7269

Toll free #: +1-800-782-4362, Opt. 1, Ext. 3291061

Email: jeffrey.cameron@emc.com

No Events found!