Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 27th, 2014 13:00

Avamar GUI client installation in Windows Server 2012

Hi, I tried installing Avamar GUI client in Windows Server 2012 but after the installation I can't see the program installed. I type in "avamar" in search but nothing is retrieved. I go to Control Panel and see if its in the list of installed programs, and I don't see in there.

Anyone else facing this problem?

Community Manager

• 

7.1K Posts

August 27th, 2014 17:00

Hey Shako,

If you want to install Avamar GUI (Avamar Administrator) for managing Avamar server and clients, you need to download and install AvamarConsoleMultiple-windows-x86-XXX.exe or AvamarConsoleMultiple-windows-x86_64-XXX.exe file. After the installation, you will see an Avamar Administrator icon in your desktop.

If you want to install Avamar backup client for data backup, you need to download and install AvamarClient-windows-x86-XXX.msi or AvamarClient-windows-x86_64-XXX.msi file. After the installation, you will see a small Avamar client icon in the lower right corner of your desktop.

Hope this helps!

117 Posts

August 27th, 2014 23:00

Hi,

Which version of the Avamar GUI are you using and what is the exact version of Windows 2012?

I would check the compatibility matrix page 19, for example only Avamar MCS GUI v7.0SP1 or higher is supported on Windows 2012 R2.

You could also try to run the Avamar GUI via enterprise manager:

• Go to : https:// /em in a browser.
  • Click on "Administrator" radio button.
  • Click on "Launch".

Hope that helps,

Adam

No Events found!