Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

August 13th, 2017 23:00

Avamar SQL - Server 2003 X86 - SQL 2005 Backup failing

Hi

Please can someone out there assist with an issue I'm facing with a windows SQL 2005 backup. It keeps failing. Below details:

Avamar Version : 7.1

Server : 2003 X86

SQL plugin : 6.1.101-87

Error from log:

QL Backup-1502643600066" errormessage="code 536870919: miscellaneous error" errorrealm="Plugin 3006-SQL" />

Config Checker:

This the onkly error:

VSS_WRITER_LIST

Writer name: System Writer is in State: [5] Waiting for completion. The writer is not in stable state, rectify this problem.Writer name: SqlServerWriter is in State: [5] Waiting for completion. The writer is not in stable state, rectify this problem.Writer name: MSDEWriter is in State: [1] StableWriter name: Registry Writer is in State: [1] StableWriter name: Event Log Writer is in State: [1] StableWriter name: IIS Metabase Writer is in State: [5] Waiting for completion. The writer is not in stable state, rectify this problem.Writer name: COM+ REGDB Writer is in State: [1] StableWriter name: WMI Writer is in State: [5] Waiting for completion. The writer is not in stable state, rectify this problem

18 Posts

August 15th, 2017 02:00

Yes, The compatibility I mentioned is also applied to the Avamar client/plugin, I noticed from the original post that your server is on 7.1 while the client/plugin are on 6.1 that's why its recommended to uninstall the Avamar client/plugin of 6.1 from this server and install the 7.0 ones.

You are getting the above error because Avamar client 7.1 is not supported with windows 2003; thats wy I recommended installing Avamar client/plugin of 7.0 instead then check if the backup is fine or giving same/different errors.

Thanks,

Shady Salama

Subject Matter Expert (SME), Avamar, Data Protection & Availability Solutions

10 Posts

August 14th, 2017 05:00

Hi Shady

Thank you for your replying. We currently running version 7.1 avamar server. I did try to install the 7.1 version of the avamar agent but is did say not supported. We currently do not have an active support contract with EMC. The server 2003 is x86. See below error when trying to install version 7.1

Avamar Error.JPG.jpg

18 Posts

August 14th, 2017 05:00

Hi,

Avamar version 6.1 went out of support long time ago, its highly recommended to upgrade the plugin to a supported version,  7.0 if you have extended support contract and it will support windows 2003 as well.

The error message is not complete in the post, can you check the backup logs after upgrading the Avamar client and SQL plugin on the SQL server to a supported version and provide the error message if it still exists after that.

Thanks,

Shady Salama

Subject Matter Expert (SME), Avamar, Data Protection & Availability Solutions

10 Posts

August 15th, 2017 11:00

Hi Shady

Thanks again BUT I don’t have this version client. Were can I down this from. I only have version 7.1. See below

[cid:image001.png@01D31602.204513E0]

Paresh Haripursad

Senior Network & Systems Administrator

UNIPRINT

A Tiso Blackstar Group Company

Print l Broadcast l Television l Radio l Digital l Films l Music l Events l Retail Solutions

59 Intersite Ave, Umgeni Business Park, Durban, 4001

paresh.haripursad@uniprint.co.za

Direct: +27 31 560 2325

Cell: +27 60 948 8672

B-BBEE Verified as a Level Two Contributor; Procurement Recognition Level 156.25%

This message may contain information which is confidential, private or privileged in nature

and subject to legal privilege. If you are not the intended recipient, you may not peruse,

use, disseminate, distribute or copy this message or file which is attached to this message.

For a detailed disclaimer Click Here http://www.timesmedia.co.za/disclaimers-and-terms-of-use

18 Posts

August 21st, 2017 00:00

Please download the needed packages from the following link:

https://ftp.emc.com/action/login?domain=ftp.emc.com&username=vyIyZ5prD&password=3NtNNANmBm

The link is available for 7 days.

10 Posts

August 21st, 2017 01:00

Hi Shady

Thanks for the downloads. I will install and test. DO I have to install the “windows Client” as well or should I install just the SQL agent?

Paresh Haripursad

UNIPRINT

Print l Broadcast l Television l Radio l Digital l Films l Music l Events l Retail Solutions

B-BBEE Verified as a Level Two Contributor; Procurement Recognition Level 156.25%

This message may contain information which is confidential, private or privileged in nature

and subject to legal privilege. If you are not the intended recipient, you may not peruse,

use, disseminate, distribute or copy this message or file which is attached to this message.

For a detailed disclaimer Click Here http://www.timesmedia.co.za/disclaimers-and-terms-of-use

18 Posts

August 21st, 2017 02:00

It is recommended to have both the Avamar client and SQL plugin on the same version, so please remove the existing Avamar SQL plugin then the client after that install the 7.0SP2 client and plugin.

10 Posts

August 21st, 2017 02:00

Ok, will do. I will check tomorrow if all is fine.

Thanks again.

Paresh Haripursad

UNIPRINT

10 Posts

August 21st, 2017 23:00

Hi Shady

You information was correct. My SQL backups did go through successfully. Thank you. Much appreciated!!!!

No Events found!