Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

S

October 1st, 2012 08:00

Generating client backup reports for users

One of my systems managers wants a daily report on the status of his servers' Avamar backups (succesful and failed). A separate report per client is fine, or aggregated into a single report. He wants thisi report emailed to him directly from Avamar automatically every day either at a specific time of day or as the clients' backups finish (either one is fine). He does not want this report from DPA.

I am wondering if this is possible under Avamar 6.1. I have been going through the profile options in the admin GUI and I read the Avamar Admin 6.1 Guide, but I don't see any way to send a report on the status of client x to joe_doe@temple.edu. Have I overlooked something? Is this type of report possible to generate automatically via the Avamar GUI? If so, how?

307 Posts

October 3rd, 2012 00:00

Hello,

You may use email home feature to get the email with the reports from Avamar administrator

Please go to Tools -> Manage Reports and then create 2 reports :

1) report view as v_activities_2, status as All completed and type as All Backups

2) report view as v_activities_2, status as All Failures and type as All Backups

and then, go to Attachments tab of the profile being used to send emails and select the checkbox to attach these 2 reports with the email

Please refer Avamar administration guide to configure email home.

Thanks

August 20th, 2015 04:00

You may find the following articles useful

• KB 190487 - How to configure Avamar to send email notifications for backup failures
  • KB 192444 - How to setup on demand Avamar email event code alerts
No Events found!