Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 13th, 2015 02:00

/Replicate missing datas

Hi,

I've a customer which using a global policy group for replicate the backup datas in a datacenter environment( Av 7.0.1+DD5.4).

Everything is fine for the main part of backups (agent, vm proxys...) but the oracle backups are missing on the replicate side, without understanding why...

But i've the feeling that Oracle rman scripts, calling avtar, are not beeing replicated, as the rman scripts are directly called using an external scheduler (for production process of this customer).

Does replication policy linked to backup jobs inside the avamar scheduler ? I didn't found any kb about this kind of problem...

How to resolve this ?

2K Posts

August 13th, 2015 05:00

The replication schedule is independent of any backups; they are not linked together. Are all the Oracle backups missing or only the most recent one? Do the affected clients appear in the /REPLICATE domain on the target? Are there any errors or warnings in the replication logs?

2K Posts

August 13th, 2015 06:00

If the clients aren't in the replication logs, replication has probably been configured to exclude them.

Thanks for your reply !

Ok, so i've made a mistake thinking that these two things would been linked.

All the oracle backups are mising on the avamar target node. I can see domain folders, clients, but calendars are empty.

From the log side, i cannot see anything as there's no replication logs for the oracle clients unlike others (physical or virtual)...

Unfortunately, there's only a global replication policy for all clients, without any exclusion...

So next step would probably be a case

2K Posts

Be sure that you've checked both the client selection and the includes / excludes.

August 14th, 2015 05:00

All clients and no exclusion as the Replication group is defined :

-Filter : Replicate All Backups

-Membership : Allclient will be replicated

When i look at the activity monitor, or replication report, for the last 72 hours… i cannot see any Oracle client. And looking at the informations, i saw that only VMs are replicated from this node.

From the other side (that backup also differents machines), it replicates with the same global policy, virtual and physical environnments, but some clients are missing too…

2K Posts

August 14th, 2015 05:00

I have not seen an issue like this before. I would recommend that you open a service request.

August 14th, 2015 06:00

Thanks

No Events found!