I am trying to extract Policy information out of reports. We have DPA as well.
I have tried playing with DPA and also using internal Reports in Avamar.
Surely DPA can do what I need ? Avamar processes the reports I need but does not provide a way to extract from the console or EM ?
1. console Policies "Group Summary Reports"/Clients
- Specifically wanting to show which clients have overtime enabled but can not seem to extract easily
2. EM Policies "Groups" showing the domains with the nodes. (For this report I need the Clients per domain on each node)
3. Replication structure, i.e. which nodes are going from Source to Target. I have seen the replication report but this seems to only contain the information for Source ?
Any guides on getting Avamar setup nicely with DPA ?
1. The only way that I have been able to do this is to Highlight, copy and paste to excel.
2. I am not sure I understand what you are trying to achieve. (what do you mean by "node" in this context?) Clients in Domains, yes, but not sure what you meant by node.
3. In Activity in the Admin Console you can filter results by replication target and replication source. Anything with this will show you which clients are replicating and what sort, whether they are source or target replicating. In EM, if you select the avamar server within the replication setup it will show you whether it is a FULL or SELECTIVE. This will entail exactly what is being replicated and show you how the replication is setup. It is also found in
repl_cron.cfg file on the servers itself
You will only see source on a server if it is only a source replicate and not a target. i.e the replication is not bi-directional. it is only as a source.
are you in chatswood by any chance?
1. Yup, was hoping I could help by automating no such luck yet but I reckon if Avamar can pull this out we can do it whether it's through avamar,DPA or I was thinking Crystal reports as that wont have limitations imposed
2. So, if we wanted to see a listing of Clients under each domain i.e.
Europe has PLUTO,ZENITH etc etc. I can do this by doing a report on all domains and not setting a schedule time problem is the report is HUGE and wont export. And if I put schedule in, it doesn show all the past clients.
3. Thanks, I saw that, wanted to try and get it out in reports, automation is a beautiful thing
Let's just say, I don't enjoy Loop da loops
1. If you have Crystal Reporting skills, I think you can use the postgres db and extract from there
2. I believe there is a Domain column which will indicate which domain that client lives
my suggestion is to keep playing with DPA or you can always log a support call, after all you are supported and they will give you a hand, but for the type of stuff you are wanting to achieve the severtiy will be low.
DPAIt is a very poweful tool. As long as the DPA install is now working, I believe you will be able to extract the information you need. I did a lot of right mouse clicks when i played with DPA.
how did you go with this? still stuck?
for replication stuff try an external db query of the postgres db:
SELECT date_part('epoch',completed_ts at time zone 'UTC')::int as completed_timestamp, client_name, bytes_scanned, status_code_summary, error_code_summary, status_code, error_code FROM v_repl_activities WHERE completed_ts at time zone 'UTC' > to_timestamp(@starttime@) AND completed_ts at time zone 'UTC' < to_timestamp(@endtime@)
for more detailed backup job info try:
SELECT date_part('epoch',completed_ts at time zone 'UTC')::int as completed_timestamp, client_name, bytes_scanned, status_code_summary, error_code_summary, backup_label, status_code, error_code, type, group_name, plugin_name, effective_path FROM v_activities_2 WHERE completed_ts at time zone 'UTC' > to_timestamp(@starttime@) AND completed_ts at time zone 'UTC' < to_timestamp(@endtime@)
primary key: completed_timestamp