Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 21st, 2012 16:00

VM jobs failed with status code 30902, but didn't show in activity monitor

VM jobs failed with status code 30902 client was given a workorder but did not acknowledge its receipt.  I'm used to seeing the last 3 jobs for a server in the activity monitor.  The virtual servers that had this error did not show up in the activity monitor.  If I had not retrieved activity reports I would not have know these jobs had not run.  Is this normal for some failed jobs to not display in the activity monitor?

307 Posts

March 28th, 2012 04:00

Hello,

You should be able to see even the backups failing with status code 30902 in the Activity monitor, please make sure that there are no filters set for the activity monitor which is preventing you to see these failed backups there.

Thanks 

3 Posts

March 28th, 2012 07:00

There are no filters set. Per EMC, they found that the MCS was communicating with one vm proxy and the issue was with vmclients under this proxy only. They rebooted the proxy and reregistered it. Hope this resolves it.

Thanks!

3 Posts

March 28th, 2012 08:00

It looks like a vm proxy was migrated during backups. Now I’m wondering if this is causing the issue.

39 Posts

March 28th, 2012 10:00

I had a problem similar to this where random backups were being skipped without any entries in the activity monitor. I don't recall if the clients themselves registered any errors but my fix for the problem was to upgrade to version 6.0.1.66.  The only way that I knew these servers were failing was by looking into the restore tab on all my VM's.  While doing so, I found that various VM's were failing. Could never really find a reason why but they were various VM's on various days.

70 Posts

June 9th, 2012 08:00

HI Sandeep

You looks like Avamar VM expert can you help me in best practices for Avamar 6.1 we do have it on floor thought its RA code and VM ware we are about to start implementing it from next week so we need you expertise on it before we do it .

Please help me out on this looks like we have soem known issues .

No Events found!