Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

November 15th, 2016 05:00

AX4-5i SPS failed

Hi everyone

I have an old EMC AX4-5i system in my server room, and when I started to reallocate storage space I've found that it has some problem. Since I almost haven't used this system I don't know when it happened.

What I have right now is message in Navisphere Express "The storage system's Standby Power Supplies (SPSs) are not working properly. (0x7404)" and amber led with triangle and "!" sign. Both SPS's marked failed and both has same amber led.

I don't even know when and where this system was purchased, and surely there's no active service contract.

Is there something I could my myself with it ?

Thanks in advance

1.2K Posts

November 15th, 2016 06:00

submaster indicated he has no Support contract.  You can reach out to an EMC Service Partner in your area.  They can work through a Time&Materials quote to provide one or one SPS batteries.  While you can find these on Ebay, it can be difficult to ensure you get the right product - working with a Partner ensures you get the right parts.

Let us know if that helps!

Karl

37 Posts

November 15th, 2016 06:00

Hi,

It's rare that both the SPS will go faulted together.

Can you check the physical fault LED status on SPSs?

If the SPSs don't have physical fault LED on, will suggest to reboot the Storage Processors one at a time.

Reboot the Peer SP when the other one is completely up.

If you still have issues, would suggest to open ticket with Dell EMC support team.

Regards,

Raj

5 Posts

November 16th, 2016 02:00

Hi

Thanks for your answers

I've tried to reboot both SP, with no result

System has one square amber led on front, without any text on it - but according to installation documentation it's "system faild light". And both SPS has amber led on rear side, with sign like thisstock-vector--caution-sign-vector-triangle-with-exclamation-mark-280041110.jpg

Could that be just SPS batteries get aged ?

37 Posts

November 16th, 2016 09:00

Hi,

Yes, it looks like both the SPS failed.

As suggested by Karl, contact EMC service partner in your area to get quote for replacement.

Regards,

Raj

No Events found!