Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

May 14th, 2014 01:00

Alert Code: 0x7404 and Alert Code: 0x7409 ( EMC CX 4120)

Hi Please any one can assist for my issue (Disk Processor Enclosure (Enclosure SPE) is faulted. Servers may have lost access to disk drives in this storage system.    Alert Code: 0x7409 and

Standby Power Supply (Enclosure SPE SPS A) is faulted. The storage system will disable write cache. Please advice what could be reason , what are thing need to check from my side .

812 Posts

Please check the array status from Unisphere/Navisphere. Ensure the SPS ,Power supplies and other components are working fine.  As per the message, it is an SPS fault/issue.

If you see everything fine from Unisphere, it may have happened because of power failure/fluctuation from the UPS side. If you are seeing some fault in Unisphere, please register an SR with EMC support.

7 Posts

Hi Roger Thanks.. can you guide me Where i have to be check DPE LED and write cache option ? Hope DPE LED is front side of the Hardware  panel...

2 Intern

• 

4K Posts

The alert might be generated by the weekly standby power supply (SPS) test. Is your DPE's fault LED on? Is the write cache still disabled? If not, you can ignore it.

Refer to KB emc208281 and emc171275 for the details.

7 Posts

Thanks Unisphare not working for me? Please can you send me download link for unisphare ?

812 Posts

May 14th, 2014 02:00

You can access the Unisphere manager by typing in  http://SP_IP_address/

2 Intern

• 

4K Posts

May 14th, 2014 02:00

You can check the LED status in the server room (yes, it's on the front panel), or do it remotely from Navisphere/Unisphere GUI:

Point your broswer to SP's IP address, then it will launch the Navisphere/Unisphere management console:

Navisphere:

navisphere.jpg

Right-click on the storage (the SN) > Properties:

navisphere_cache.jpg

Unisphere:

unisphere.jpg

unisphere_cache.jpg

7 Posts

May 14th, 2014 03:00

Thanks Vipin . Let me try download unisphere for further check.

7 Posts

May 14th, 2014 03:00

Hi Roger.

Thanks Here with i have posted our storage details. Please have a look Hope everything seems to be good. Please your command .EMC2.png screen EMC1.png

812 Posts

May 14th, 2014 04:00

As you can see from the snaps, the SPS A is faulty. Check the SPS B (if present) cabling also as it is showing empty.

1.4K Posts

May 15th, 2014 17:00

You can not download the Unisphere. Depending on the FLARE Version on a CLARiiON, it opens a the Management Software when you type in a Storage Processor's IP Address.

7 Posts

May 20th, 2014 03:00

Hi

Right now i'm using Navisphere. I would like to manage through Unisphere also. Please any one help me .How get and use .Unisphere.

7 Posts

May 20th, 2014 03:00

Hi

Problem has solved itself. Now it comes original state. Thanks for all get  and good response this community. .

Once again thank you so much.

4.5K Posts

May 29th, 2014 08:00

The Array, the CX4-120, has Navisphere built into the software on the array. When you access the array using a browser (IE) the array will start the Navisphere user interface (as in your screen shots above). Unisphere is for arrays running flare code 30 and higher. For your array you do not need Unisphere until you upgrade the flare code to release 30 and then it will be installed on the array as part of the upgrade.

Some models of the CX4-120 only came with a single Standby Power Supply (SPS - this is the battery backup unit). Your problem probably was the SPS for SPA was charging and once it finished charging, it came back on-line.

For better protection, you should explore the possibility of adding the second SPS on SPB. Contact your local EMC group to ask about this upgrade.

glen

No Events found!