Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

September 3rd, 2008 20:00

CX600 SPB shows Unmanaged

Hi friends

I have a CX600 where the SPB shows Unmanaged.

When I login to the SPA IP address, it shows Normal means that its now showing as Unmanaged. But when I login to SPB IP address, it shows SPB as Unmanaged.

How do I resolve the SPB Unmanaged issue?
How come this scenario happened differently on SPA and SPB?

Thanks

1.5K Posts

September 4th, 2008 08:00

If this problem still persists? If so, you may try few things -

1) Go to the SP Setup page for each SP (http://IP_Address_SPA or SPB/setup) and ensure that the peer IP Address is mentioned correctly. For SPA the peer IP address will be of SPB and vice versa

2) On SPB - go the setup page and Restart the management server

3) wait for few mins and restart the management server on SPA as well

4) Check whether the issue is resolved

5) Or else, please open a case with EMC CLARiiON Support team, if not already done.

Thanks,
Sandip

45 Posts

September 4th, 2008 12:00

I have a few CX300s still running FLARE 16 and have this problem approximately every 6 months. I keep meaning to get around to upgrading them, but we keep talking about migrating off of them.... Anyway, I found that restarting the management server didn't help, so when this happens to me, I reboot the SP's one at a time - starting with the unmanaged one. As Sandip indicated, this is the type of thing you should get support involved with.

1 Rookie

• 

5.7K Posts

September 17th, 2008 04:00

Zainal: is your issue now resolved ? If so, please mark your question as such and reward any possible helpful and correct answers.
Otherwise create a service request to get this resolved.

4.5K Posts

September 23rd, 2008 11:00

The CX600 flare stops that release 19. In order to get the Agent running again, you must reboot the SP.

If you are running flare release 22 and higher, you can restart Agent when you restart the Management server.

glen
No Events found!