Unsolved

D

1 Rookie

• 

46 Posts

January 18th, 2020 10:00

Dell APC-EMC750R1 Standby Power Supply

Hello,

I have another issue with the Write Cache APC-EMC750R1 Standby Power. The UPS goes back and fourth between Replace Batteries and Batteries being in just fine shape. I have ordered a set of batteries for it, but I want to know why it says there is a fault on the Standby Power supply that states "Cabling status is unknown". Does that indicate that it knows of an error? Why doesn't it clear when the UPS goes back to normal? I am just curious. The batteries are about 4 years old so I know it is about time for a set of replacements. I just want to make sure it is not something else. Thank you.  

• 

7.1K Posts

January 20th, 2020 10:00

Hello dcgtechnologies,

With most EMC devices they will run a battery test once a week.  By default, the battery test is set for 7PM EST on Fridays.  If you are seeing this error around that time, then it is a good chance that the battery test is taking place.  With the cabling status is unknown that usually means that the cable that goes from the UPS to your storage processors has come loose or is missing.  In most cases I would reset the cable on the SP.

Please let us know if you have any other questions.

No Events found!