Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 20th, 2010 09:00

EOSL Definition

If my CX300 EOSL is June 2013 does that mean I can not receive any Flare updates and if there is a hardware failure, I can't receive any parts?

Thanks

2 Intern

• 

20.4K Posts

October 20th, 2010 10:00

EOSL (End of Service Life): The date after which EMC has discontinued Primary Support and Extended Support (if available) for a Product offering, but may continue to offer limited support and/or maintenance only on a time and materials basis, subject to resource availability. If Extended Support is not available or purchased, End of Service Life (EOSL) occurs at the announced End of Primary Support (EOPS) date. If Extended Support is available and purchased by a customer, End of Service Life occurs at the end of the Extended Support period.

2 Posts

October 20th, 2010 11:00

Lets say there is no Extended support and the EOLS has expired. If I have a hard drive failure on my SAN, will I still be able to get a part for it?

Thanks

2 Intern

• 

20.4K Posts

October 20th, 2010 11:00

sure, you can use "Time and Material" process with EMC where you have to issue an invoice and CE comes out and replaces the part.  We have a very old Symmetrix array that is still serviced that way. We do not run production on it so the delayed response you get from EMC on "Time and Material" type of cases is ok with us.

No Events found!