Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

May 9th, 2012 09:00

How do I remove system from Unisphere after power down?

So I powered down a system (NS40G), removed it from our environment etc.

I can't figure out how to delete the system from Unisphere.

The Remove Button is NOT available.

Thoughts?

Damian

433 Posts

May 10th, 2012 08:00

You cannot remove the array from the domain in offline status. You will have to power on the array and then only you can remove the same from the domain being in engineering mode.

To remove an array from a domain, follow these steps:  

1. From the Enterprise Storage dialog box on the File menu, click Setup Domain, and then click Configure Domain. 
  2. From the Configure Domain dialog box in Selected Systems, select the systems that you want to remove from the domain, and move them into the Available Systems list. 
  3. Click OK to remove the systems form the domain and close the dialog box. Manager removes the systems from the Storage tree.

2 Intern

• 

20.4K Posts

May 9th, 2012 16:00

have you tried to enter engineering mode first ? (Ctrl+Shift+F11 ..xxxxxxx)

Message was edited by: Glen Kelley - removing engineering password - Please contact EMC Support if you need the password

May 10th, 2012 02:00

Hi Sir,

Correct me if I am wrong…., ctrl+shift+F11 is for “Instrumentation” mode..,  However, for “Engineering” mode it is “ ctrl+shift+F12”.

Regards,

Suman Pinnamaneni

31 Posts

May 10th, 2012 07:00

I place the domain in Engineering Mode and the remove button is still NOT available.

I deleted all JAVA files and Nothing.

I may have to open an SR.

Thanks.

Damian

24 Posts

January 3rd, 2013 05:00

The answer given here is incorrect.   You CAN remove a system from a domain even after power down.   We do this regularly.

1. If you're in a multi-domain environment, identify the master of the domain that includes the array you wish to remove.
  2. Execute the following naviseccli command:
    1.    naviseccli -Address -User -Password -Scope 0 domain -remove
  3. It will prompt you to confirm that you really want to do this, type 'y'

This is spelled out in emc288651

1 Rookie

• 

8 Posts

February 14th, 2013 01:00

KTelep answer is correct. Use cli to remove offline array's.

Perhaps you need to change gateway and master for the domain if any of the offline array was used for it.

No Events found!