Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

August 26th, 2010 09:00

How do I unregister an HBA after the storage group / host etc. has been deleted?

Good Afternoon -

Fairly new to the EMC world, so please be gentle. I think I made a newbie mistake and cannot figure out what to do next.  P to V'd (vmware) a server that originally booted from SAN. I then went and 'cleaned' up the SAN by deleting the old physical servers remote mirror, consistency group, storage group and finally the LUN that it booted from.  I now receive an error in Navisphere that says...

HBA (20:00:00:E0:8B:09:7B:93:21:00:00:E0:8B:09:7B:93) on Host (server01.domain.COM(66d8d9ba-6535-4980-a1c3-9c623ffeb36d)) may not be connected to a storage group. This HBA is not able to access LUNs that belong to its server.

Alert Code: 0x721b

Resolution

Manually register the initiator in Navisphere or stop I/O from the server and remove/re-add it to the storage group. See online help for guidance.

Normally, I would follow the suggested resolution however the old physical server is long gone.  I then realized that the now virtual server (that USED to be a physical server) had Navisphere and SanSurfer was still running on it and thought that might have been the issue however no dice, I uninstalled the software and the error remains.  How can I tell Navisphere that server01 no longer exists, to get rid of the error?

Thank you in advance for your help.

CX4

FLARE Code 29

Navisphere 6

542 Posts

August 26th, 2010 11:00

You can right click on the array and choose "Connectivity Status"   Then find the old physical server and expand to see the initiators.   Then Click each initiator and select Deregister.   You may need to be in engineering mode to do this.

I would also remove the zones for that host from the active zoneset.

44 Posts

Goodness, I am sorry.  Thank you for your help.

44 Posts

Thank you so much!  So I didn't screw it up after all. Have a great night!

44 Posts

Thank you so much!  So I didn't mess it up after all. Have a great night! (thought I better use a better word there even though it was not THE word)

546 Posts

Hi - this sounds like a question for the support forums. Stand by and I'll get it moved for you.

-Gina

1 Rookie

• 

20.4K Posts

go into connectivity status and deregister that initiator, it should be listed as "not logged-in"

No Events found!