Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

September 2nd, 2010 02:00

How to Analyze SP Collect information

Hello,

I would like to be able to read/analyze/understand the SP Collects that is collected for support purposes. Is there a documentation/article/etc that shows what file to look at first?  For example, I just had a PEER go down, and I'd like to know what file to look at first to determine the issue.

Joel

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

September 2nd, 2010 02:00

After unzip there is a text file with name "inventory" which consist of the list of files in SP collect.

You can check the file SPA_navi_getlog and SPB_navi_getlog first

116 Posts

September 2nd, 2010 05:00

Your best bet is to contact EMC and let them figure out what went wrong. Log messages can be mean nothing and some can point to the same error message but have different meanings. If you had data loss or data unavailable you can ask for an RCA(Root Cause Analysis).

103 Posts

September 16th, 2010 12:00

i agree to let support figure it out..that's the reason we pay $$$ for support.

but it would be nice to have a little bit of understanding on how/what to read on those SP collects. i've done many SP collects and turned it over to support, only to wait for a feedback.

59 Posts

September 16th, 2010 18:00

Jjimenez

This is a difficult question to answer, as the spcollects contain information on many aspects of the array and its environment.

From a support perspective it depends on what the issue is as to what files are looked at.

The event logs which are also available to you via the GUI, are probably the things that we would look at the most.

Jim

September 17th, 2010 02:00

Hi,

Depending of your accreditation level on powerlink, you may have access to different tools in order to analyze SP Collect.

If you are ASN Partner, you have acces to Open TRiiAGE or CAP2 with splat which help you to analyze SP Collect.

if you are customer only RAR or ZIP is your only friends

First as suggest previously, you should check events on SP on Unisphere/Navisphere GUI. Then for deeper analyze you may check SPX_PeerWatchLog.txt and ktdump-xxxx.txt information.

No Events found!