Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

September 17th, 2009 04:00

How to export/import configuration AX4-5i (Navisphere Express)

hi there,

I'm a newbie AX4-5 admin, i know CX series but not AX.

In CX series is possible export/import array config with CLI command: arrayconfig (capture, duplicate).

I've to configure multiples identical arrays and i'd like known if it's possible to do something similar to CX systems for AX systems.

Best Regards.

261 Posts

September 17th, 2009 12:00

I checked the CLI reference guide and it says that command is only for the CX lines (CX, CX3, CX4) that have a certain flare code. It doesn't have a mention of "use x command for AX" so I don't think it exists for AX.

-Ryan

149 Posts

September 17th, 2009 12:00

the arrayconfig command is not supported on the AX4-5 series array but you can grab the configuration info if you redirecting the output of naviseccli getall command .

the syntax will be :

naviseccli -h ipaddresssp -user username -password navispherepassword -Scope 0 getall > filename.txt

Regards
Pierluca

43 Posts

September 17th, 2009 13:00

Hi chiodp,

It's possible restore the configuration from the file grabbed with the command you're posted? with input redirection ???

cheers

149 Posts

September 18th, 2009 04:00

the getall command with redirection option only create a file with all the configuration info for your reference .
There is no automatic process for rebuilding a config on AX4-5 arrays.
Everything need to be done manually .
Regards
Pierluca

43 Posts

September 18th, 2009 07:00

But, is it possible to make all configuration from one script.

261 Posts

September 18th, 2009 11:00

The getall shows how the raid groups are configured and the luns are configured. You would need to manually create a script with every command to create each raid group and lun one by one.

-Ryan

44 Posts

November 3rd, 2009 01:00

This missing 'feature' on the AX4 is quite a limiting factor when considering purchase of these units. For example, we bought 6 AX4s recently and most of these will be configured identically. However, I've had to painstakingly go through each one manually entering an identical configuration. Now this is not too much of a problem if your config contains only a few luns, but imagine a database with multiple Raid Groups, Storage Groups and many luns. Now imagine having to do this 6 times !
Many other comparable systems (from other OEMs) have this feature built it. I cannot think of any reason why the AX4 technically cannot support it. I am sure it is simply a marketing strategy and you will see it filter down from the CX range when EMC are good and ready to make it available.

13 Posts

October 5th, 2017 07:00

Hi Pierluca

is there a way to convert the exported txt output file to excel

4.5K Posts

November 14th, 2017 14:00

It would have to be done manually - the data is not arranged in a spreadsheet format.

glen

No Events found!