Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

November 7th, 2011 05:00

Need help on how to connect my laptop to the SP

Hello everyody,

Hope you are doing well,i need help from you i m new in storage... here is my question i connect my laptop  win 7  using serial cable but converted to usb.i have installed putty in my laptop,,so how many bit rate i can apply to be able  to access SP

my emc storage is Cx3-20f

and i don t have ip which has been configured but i want to see if i can at least ping the default ip

thx

nice day

4K Posts

November 8th, 2011 17:00

The connect is not active? Did you successfully install the driver for the COM-to-USB adaptor? You can get the driver from the CD or visit the manufacturer's website.

4K Posts

November 7th, 2011 22:00

You need a PPP connection to CX3, please check this thread for details https://community.emc.com/message/542635

And for Win7, you may need to create the COM port modem first,

1. Click Start -> Control Panel -> Phone and Modem.
  2. Click Modem Tab and click add.
  3. On the Install new Modem Pane, select the "Don't detect my modem" box, then click Next
  4. There will be a pause while it loads the models. Select Communications cable between two computers, then click Next.
  5. Select your COM port, click Next and it is done.

To set up the PPP connection on Win7:

1. Click Start -> Control Panel -> Network and sharing center, click Set up a new connection or network (at the bottom).
  2. On the next screen, select set up a dial-up connection and click Next.
  3. The next screen should list modems and select the "Communications cable between two computers" you created above.
  4. On the next screen do not put a phone number in, but put in the username and password (clariion and clariion!) and give it a name.
  5. The above connection should now appear in Network Connections, right-click it and select Properties.

Hope it helps.

16 Posts

November 8th, 2011 01:00

No body to help please

16 Posts

November 8th, 2011 01:00

Rojer,

Thank your very much for your reply i m going to follow it,it s will help me for sure i will be back to you when i m done with it or if i have problem i wi;ll let you know

thx i really appreciate

16 Posts

November 8th, 2011 05:00

Roger,

hope you are doing well if i don t give any phone number connect is not active how can i resolve this problem

thank for your help

16 Posts

November 9th, 2011 22:00

Morning Roger,

How you are doing,yes i have successfully install the driver from cOM TO usB.and my port change to COM7.

yesterday i was not there,i m going to try it again.

Thx

Aline

45 Posts

November 10th, 2011 02:00

You can also use a simple software called "Navisphere Storage System Initialization Wizard" and it will find your SAN IP address, or you can also connect directly to the SP via the peer service LAN connection.

SPA=128.221.1.250/29 SPB=128.221.1.251/29.

16 Posts

November 13th, 2011 22:00

thx Eran for your answer,so is it possible to downlaod Navisphere Storage System Initialization Wizard from the powelink.emc.com?so after downlaod it i have to connect my laptop with the serial cable to the sp?or i have to use the cross over cable?

yes i know the default ip is 128.221.1.250 /251 but i tried it many times.i connect my sp to a small link switch (staight cable) then from switch connect it from to my laptop given the ip range of the default ip (128.221.1.249/24 but i m not able to ping even the spa or spb)

so i would like to reset every thing and start again.

if you could help me with note or another idea how i can reset my storage or if you don t mind i can give you my email so that we can talk directly if you don t mind,

Thx

Aline

16 Posts

November 13th, 2011 22:00

i just also want to know how the serial cable of emc looks like?,colors etc...

812 Posts

November 13th, 2011 23:00

Hi,

As per the above update, you have set the subnet 255.255.255.0 for your laptop.Try setting the subnet 255.255.255.248 .

For CX3 series, for accessing SP-A (128.221.1.250 ) you should physically connect to SP-Bs service LAN port (Marked with a service symbol) .

While using Navisphere initialisation wizard, your SPs should be connected to network through Management ports (Not through service LAN port) . You may download the Navisphere initialisation utility from EMCs Powerlink partner web access (I recommend you to use the one from the CD came with the storage box).

Vipin V.K

16 Posts

November 14th, 2011 05:00

hello,in my powerlink website  i have only downlaod and patches only i can see AX series but not navisphere storage system initialization please advise

127 Posts

Hi, send an email to software@emc.com to enable the Navisphere Initialization Utility download to your Powerlink Account.

please mention, Powerlink Login ID, Serial number of the Array and Name of the Software that you want to download in the email.

-Madhu

16 Posts

On thePowerlink website, selectSupport > Software

Downloads and Licensingand navigate to the Navisphere

Storage System Initialization Utility download section, which

may be in either theCLARiiON

i  could not get this in powerlink website

16 Posts

hello vipin,

thx for the reply but i don t have the cd came with the storage,but i could not found where i can downlaod the navisphere utility from emc's powerlink i have first to register my product?

thx

i appreciate

812 Posts

Hi,

You have to access partner website in order to download these utilities. You may browse to powerlink > support > service partner web > software > Navisphere. Download Navisphere initialization utility for your O.S.

You may execute this utility for discovering the storage and initializing it.

Hope this helps you

Vipin V.K

No Events found!