Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

April 4th, 2011 12:00

Removing DAE

Hi All,

I have a few older DAEs that I would like to remove from my CX4-480.  Is this as simple as powering down the DAE and unplugging them or do I need to unregister them somehow from USM?  These DAEs are at the end of a BUS.

Thanks in Advance.

12 Posts

April 4th, 2011 13:00

There are a few things you need to do.

1) unbind all luns and destroy all Raid Groups on that DAE. Don't forget Hot Spares.

2) remove the DAE but don't break the backend chain to the remaining DAE's. Hopefully this DAE is the last one on the loop.

Now the DAE is removed but Unisphere will report it missing.

3) point browser to /setup and also one to /setup

4) retart the Management Server on both SP's at aboout the same time. This will only affect managent and not affect I/O. The Management Servers will restart in a couple of minutes. This should clear Unisphere from reporting the DAE missing.

20 Posts

That is kind of what I thought; just was not sure on how to get Unisphere to stop complaining that it was no longer there. One thing that I forgot to mention is I have a NS40G connected to this array I am guessing that there should be nothing to worry about there?

Thanks Again,

1 Rookie

• 

20.4K Posts

make sure LUNs you are about to delete are not in use on Celerra:

nas_disk -l

output:

APM000737012345-0024

convert 0024 from hex to decimal and that should correspond to LUN Host id in Navisphere.

20 Posts

April 5th, 2011 07:00

Thanks for the reply dynamox I had already confirmed that the LUNs used by the Celerra are not on these disks; I was wounding more about if there will be any sort of outage caused to the Celerra due to the management server reset.  My gut says no but I want to make sure.

Thanks,

Jon

12 Posts

April 5th, 2011 07:00

restarting the management servers will not affect I/O on the Celerra or any other hosts attached. The array will be unmanaged for about 2-3 minutes while they restart. Unmanaged means Navisphere or Unisphere won't communicate with the array and naviseccli/navicli commands will not work for those 2-3 minutes, so scripts, if any, may pause during this time

No Events found!