Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

July 22nd, 2009 06:00

SPCollect

What's a good whitepaper that discusses SPCollect for a CX500?

Bart

261 Posts

July 22nd, 2009 10:00

One extra thing. Most of the time SPCollects will be requested when we receive a case. When you open a case always have new SPCollects ready (if you can attach them to the case via Powerlink that's even better). This really saves a bunch of time on our side to get a resolution. So much that a primus was written about getting them for cases. emc191472

The Primus even has a bit more about SPCollects.

-Ryan

34 Posts

July 22nd, 2009 09:00

Thanks for the reply, Ryan. I'm not trying to determine anything specific, just getting to know our environment better (I should have done this years ago).

Bart

261 Posts

July 22nd, 2009 09:00

I doubt there is a document available on Powerlink on how to review SPCollects and what is contained in them. Even internally I don't think such a thing exists.

SPCollects are primarily used for support and mainly contains configuration information and the various logs.

-Ryan

Message was edited by:
RyanP

2 Intern

• 

20.4K Posts

July 22nd, 2009 10:00

If you have EMC CE scheduling and performing Flare upgrade for you, they will collect spcollects before and after upgrade to document environment but also look for abnormalitites. For examle you can not start flare upgrade if you have one drive failed or rebuilding, at least not with flare 19.

34 Posts

July 23rd, 2009 09:00

Thanks for the tips and the information. I'll check out emc191472.
No Events found!