Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

August 9th, 2012 14:00

how to get DAE serial number remotely

Hello, i am new to this Forum,

I am logon to Navisphere 6 CX4-240 trying to view the SN for 10 of my DAEs with no success.  I am wondering if there is another utility where I could get these Serial numbers.

if there is way to get these info using the command prompt, how do i get to my Clariion command prompt?

Thank you

August 10th, 2012 03:00

Hi Baba,

Welcome to EMC Forum…

We may not find the DAE serial no from Unisphere/Navispher…., However , you can find the same using Naviseccli commend “naviseccli -h ss1_spa getresume” , Please refer Navisphere commends line reference guide from Powerlink for more information.

Syntax output:

Bus 0 Enclosure 0

Chassis/Midplane

EMC Part Number: 100-561-622

EMC Artwork Revision: D05

EMC Assembly Revision: A08

EMC Serial Number: FCNST064401287

Vendor Part Number: N/A

Vendor Artwork Number: N/A

Vendor Assembly Number: N/A

Vendor Serial Number: N/A

Vendor Name: FOXCONN, SHENZHEN, CHINA

Location of Manufacture: LONGHUA TOWN, SHENZHEN,CHINA

Year of Manufacture: 2006

Month of Manufacture: 10

Day of Manufacture: 30

Assembly Name: 4GB FC DAE STILETTO W/FLANGES

Programmable Name: N/A

Programmable Revision: N/A

Regards,

Suman Pinnamaneni

August 10th, 2012 04:00

Hi,

Just to add more information on Suman's reply..

The exact CLI command would be to display resume information about the enclosures (DAE)

naviseccli -h getresume -mp

Thanks

Anirudh

2 Posts

August 10th, 2012 13:00

download the softeare, ran the command and got the info.  thank you

August 13th, 2012 02:00

You are welcome Baba.., Please keep posting your queries.., Have a nice day….

Regards,

Suman Pinnamaneni

2 Intern

• 

5.7K Posts

August 15th, 2012 04:00

Can you also get serial numbers from individual disks remotely?

August 15th, 2012 04:00

Hi RRR,

Yes, you can get serial numbers of individual disk as well. Below is the command:-

naviseccli -h getdisk -serial

Thanks

Anirudh

812 Posts

August 15th, 2012 05:00

Hi Anirudh,

I think we can get only vendor serial number not EMC serial number.

2 Intern

• 

5.7K Posts

thanks

2 Intern

• 

5.7K Posts

Ah, but that is what I need! I need the BE number so I can check the Sales Order remotely

Hi Vipin

There is no EMC serial number for disks..EMC identify a disk using EMC TLA part number..serial numbers in disk are vendor serial number only.

Well, RRR, I guess, you cannot check sales order remotely using naviseccli commands..EMC TLA part number of a disk will be available using the "getdisk" command..you can use that information to track your sales order probably...but not using naviseccli.

Thanks

Anirudh

812 Posts

August 15th, 2012 06:00

Hi Anirudh,

If you have seen a EMC hard disk physically, there will be a serial number in the front which is the EMC serial number (usually 12 digits starting with BE/CE/SMT/BGT etc...).

Also there will be a vendor serial number (usually 8 digits long) reflected in the GUI and logs etc...

2 Intern

• 

5.7K Posts

Exactly! And I was hoping to be able to retrieve that EMC serial number remotely. This certainly is worth a RFE (Request For Enhancement).

2 Intern

• 

5.7K Posts

There is an EMC serial number printed on front of the disk and the way I do it nowadays is to physically take a look at the number and compare it to what’s on the SO form. If this could be done remotely, this would be soooooo much easier. Consider that an engineer doing the install forgets to check the serials and the customer is tens if not hundreds of miles away….. Simply driving back is not done ☹

August 15th, 2012 08:00

ok, I got that..so you are trying to get the serial number which is physically present on the disk via naviseccli..

Well, via naviseccli you will get only vendor serial number and TLA part number and other details..not the one which is physically there on the drive..I'm sorry for the mis-understanding. :-)

Thanks

Anirudh

2 Intern

• 

5.7K Posts

August 16th, 2012 04:00

That's too bad. I'm sure EMC has room somewhere in the disk's config space to include the serial number?

No Events found!