Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

September 25th, 2010 14:00

returning defective parts to EMC2 Cork Ireland - Question

I am in the process of returning defective hard disks to Ireland, and one of the step to return the parts is

to fill a "Field Return Tag form" a put it inside the box of the defective part.

by example

1. disks spares comes with this blank tag ready to fill it with the returned defective parts info.

2. but SPS does not come with this tag.

my questions

1. , do i have to returned the SPS without a a tag, is sure that is a defective part. so i dont need a tag

or i dont need to returned that kind of part?

2. what the diferences between CRU and FRU.

3.  is there any list of all types of parts that i have to returned

thanks

mc.

542 Posts

September 25th, 2010 19:00

I have had to replace many SPS's before and never returned them before.  I think it is becuase it is a battery but i could be wrong.

CRU= Customer Replacable Unit = Replaced by you

FRU= Field Replacable Unit = Normally means a CE has to come out to replace since it involves special proceedures

And i have never seen a list of what parts have to be sent back.  In the USA,  what i have seen is that if they want a part returned,  they send a return UPS label and a purple sticker to put on outside of box stating the contents are defective.   It might be different for you in Ireland

295 Posts

September 27th, 2010 06:00

thats the same with me, purple sticker and blank tag form comes inside the good part to return the bad part to Cork, always

this happends with disks, but with sps, there is no sitckers and blank forms inside the box. Thats what i assume, that i dont have to returned

that part.

My region is Central America.

thanks.

No Events found!