Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

February 10th, 2011 14:00

CIFS permissions on NS80

I have just taken over admin for an NS-80 which is a member of a Windows 2003 domain.  When checking share level or NTFS permissions on any CIFS shares or subdirectories, (through Windows explorer or the mmc), only the SIDs are listed for ACL entries instead of the actual AD username/group name (see image).  If I modify the ACL, I can search the AD domain and add users/groups, and the names appear okay and I can add them just fine.  If I close and then reopen the properties dialox box and go to the security tab, the names no longer appear, just the SID S-1-5-21-...  Being that I'm new to the Celerra I'm not sure if this is normal of if something is misconfigured.  Regardless, permission still work okay.  Comments?  Thanks!

image.jpg  

366 Posts

February 11th, 2011 07:00

Hi,

I have attached both solutions here.

Regards,

Gustavo Barreto.

2 Attachments

366 Posts

February 11th, 2011 04:00

Hi,

The responsible for translate the SID's in names ( user and groups ) are the domain controllers.
This symptom can have some reasons, but I would verify the Active Directory first.

Please see primus :

emc224853 "SIDs instead of names show in File Properties Security tab".
emc230156 "One reason why SID cannot be translated into name in Windows Explorer File properties security tab"

If those solutions does not help, please open a support ticket.

Gustavo Barreto.

8 Posts

Gustavo,

Thanks for the reply.  I do not have access to Primus.  How do I get access?

Could you copy those articles and send them to me?  I have an NS40 that is set up exactly the same way from an AD and DNS standpoint, and it doesn't have the issue.

Thanks

Matt

8 Posts

Excellent, the first one is the solution.  Thank you!

8.6K Posts

February 11th, 2011 09:00

Actually if you do have a Powerlink account you have access to the Primus solutions

Primus is just an EMC internal name for the knowledgebase – just login to Powerlink, select Support -> Search Support and input the emcXXXX ID into the “Search the Knowledebase” field

Rainer

8 Posts

February 17th, 2011 07:00

Thanks!

No Events found!