Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 22nd, 2009 03:00

Celerra VSA

Just downloaded and installed teh latest VSA on vSphere 4 but now have an issue where the eth2 interface is missing ?

The VM has 3 network adapters - anyone got any thoughts?

8.6K Posts

December 22nd, 2009 05:00

which version are you using ?

I think the Powerlink one still is 5.6.43 while virtualgeek already has 5.6.47 available

Rainer

12 Posts

December 22nd, 2009 08:00

I got the virtualgeek one 5.6.47.  I have everything up and running over the 2 eth ports - its just I'd like to get it configured the "correct" way i.e 1 for normal traffic, one for iscsi and one for control station.

Ta

12 Posts

December 29th, 2009 01:00

Bumbity bump bump bump

Another person also has this issue - reported on the VirtualGeek blog here :

http://virtualgeek.typepad.com/virtual_geek/2009/04/new-celerra-vsa.html

Any help greatly appreciated

Ta

1 Message

March 17th, 2010 20:00

I had that problem with Eth2 as well.  I tried everything, but I decided to try an extreme, and it worked:

1) Update VMware tools to the latest.  This is critical to allow it to rebuild the VMXNET3 drivers for this linux build.

2) Shutdown VSA VM, and edited the VM configuration and removed all NIC's, Applied Changes

3) Edit the VM Configurationa gain, go to the options tab, and change the OS to RHEL 5 32bit and applied changes

4) Added back 3 nics using the VMXNET3 driver and placed in appropriate VLANs (Per your requirement)

5) Booted server up  - VIOLA!  Eth2 was back, and now it was using the newer VMXNET3 driver.

HTH

No Events found!