Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

September 29th, 2013 02:00

File Server Movement

Hello All,

Basically i am planning to decommissioning a small site which has currently having couple of iSCSI luns and a File Server (CIFS).

But I need to move the data by moving the luns and file server (CIFS). I am looking for best practices or the process to move the luns and file server.

Current setup is like this...

Source (to be decommission):

Clarrion with Celerra nas head. Entire storage pools in Clarrion are assigned to Celerra to get File Systems (for iscsi luns and cifs server).

Target Location :

Same setup as the source. Enough space is available to migrate the luns and CIFS Server.

Could anyone here can give me guidance to plan for this movement?

Many thanks in advance.

2 Intern

• 

20.4K Posts

September 29th, 2013 06:00

is source/target are Celerra then look at using Celerra Replicator

2 Posts

September 29th, 2013 20:00

Thanks for reply.

We do not have Celerra Replicator Manager, if this is what you are saying.. but we have replications active from the source to DR Site.

Do you suggest to create one more replication between the Source and Destination ? is there any other solution can be used, example SAN copy or so.. ?

2 Intern

• 

20.4K Posts

September 30th, 2013 03:00

so your source is Celerra or Clariion presenting block storage to a windows server acting like a file server ?

35 Posts

September 30th, 2013 05:00

Hi Dynamox,

I also work with Ace and we have to understand the below scenario.

1. We have siteA (needs to be decmmisioned) having 1 datamover serving fileserver requirements in siteA

2. We have siteB which has a DR Celerra (replicating from siteA with asynch)

3. Adjacent to DR celerra, we have siteB Celerra serving as a fileserver in siteB

4. We do not have Celerra replicator license.

Now, the question is- what is the best practice to shift the siteA datamover to siteB and serve fileserver requirements for those users in siteA. (we have a good 30MB mpls between siteA and siteB)

I hope I am clear in my question.

Regards

Harshal

8.6K Posts

September 30th, 2013 06:00

Simplest way: talk to your EMC or partner sales rep and get a temporary Replicator license for the migration

No Events found!