Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 14th, 2009 06:00

NS 20 FC Control Station Hangs while bringing up ethernet port interface configured for iscsi

Control Station hangs while booting u . It hangs up while bringing up the ethernet port interface configured for iscsi. Can anybody help me in rectifying the problem.

Thanks

December 14th, 2009 08:00

yes every thing was working....it boots up and it brings up the eth 0 and eth 1 but hangs at eth2 which is configured for iscsi connectivity.

8.6K Posts

December 14th, 2009 08:00

was it working before - did you change anything ?

check the cabling, then turn off the complete system, turn on the data movers and SP's, wait a bit and turn on the control station

if that doesnt help I suggest to open a service request

Rainer

8.6K Posts

December 14th, 2009 09:00

AnujSharma schrieb:

hangs at eth2 which is configured for iscsi connectivity.

have you configured Linux ISCSI manually there ?

we support ISCSI on the data mover - not on the control station

December 14th, 2009 09:00

iscsi has been configured on the data mover through celerra manager and the interface that was choosen was cge02

1.5K Posts

December 14th, 2009 10:00

Hi Anuj,

Please don't get confused with Control Station Network port and the data mover network port. The iSCSI is configured on the data mover using "cge2" device - where as you are mentioning Control station is hanging while bringing up "eth2" interface - which is a control station port used for internal connectivity.

"eth2" on the control station is used for the Private (internal) communication from the control station to the data mover 3 - please ensure that the cable is connected on the back properly from the control station eth2 port to the slot 3 (blade 3 or data mover 3) network port - if needed reseat the cable on both ends.

If you continue to have this issue - please don't hesitate to open a Service Request with EMC support as this may be due to bad hardware or cable as well.

My 2 cents
Thanks,

Sandip

No Events found!