Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

I

May 27th, 2010 10:00

OnCourse agent error fix?

Hello

We are on version 6.0 Build 134.  I have two agents returning the following errors.

Prompt from Job component 'Distribute.Distribution' (distribution server) cancelled; -no prompt was specified. Prompt string was 'Enter the password for %dds_default_user% on server.domain.com: '

The password for the target agent on server.domain.com is invalid.

With the agent installation there is no location to enter a PW.  Why just these two failing....?  Where do I discover the PW and enter it?

Thank you.

Cris

The error code is 40121 saying:

This message may occur as the result of running a job when there is no valid grant, OR running a job when there is no password available. (A password may be unavailable because no password is cached for the user on a Windows host or no encrypted password is available as part of a scheduled job.)

For jobs running as a specific user or the default user (most solutions run as the default user), try the following:

• make sure there is a grant for the user
  • make sure there is a cached password for the user

For jobs that run as the user logged into the interface when the job was created, edit the job to re-encrypt the password for the job.

16 Posts

May 28th, 2010 09:00

Gosh this is an extremely slow support Forum.

666 Posts

May 31st, 2010 06:00

There are two reasons why you might have got no reply to your question. One is you posed the question during a weekend (holiday weekend in the US too). The other is because this item was posted in General topics which is broad are for topics. It's probably not the right are for your question so I am going to move it to the Celerra Forum.

Regards,

Mark

296 Posts

May 31st, 2010 07:00

Hi,

There is an EMC Knowledgebase solution that would help you on this issue, have a look at this and let us know.

emc127788

this should help your issue.

Sameer Kulkarni

16 Posts

December 13th, 2011 15:00

18 months later.  That does not work for our issue.  it's intermitant, not on all servers only a couple... very strange.

No Events found!