Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

DJ

October 28th, 2012 19:00

Pre-Sandy storm switchover...destination mount incorrect-how to correct?

Hi all.  Preparing for possible switchover of FS from our NY datacenter and notice we have a few with the server_2 specified as the mount point on the destination Celerra, rather than the correct VDM.  What are my options to fix this without having to re-replicate?  Won't allow me to delete the mount of a FS on a replication of a loaded VDM.

Thanks!

1.2K Posts

October 29th, 2012 07:00

From your explanation, it sounds like you have filesystems mounted under a VDM on the source side, but they're replicated to just server_2, not the correct VDM on the destination side, right?

You have two options:

(Choice A)

Stop the existing replication session, remount the destination filesystems under the right VDM, then re-enable replication.

(Choice B)

After the switchover, remount the destination filesystems under the right VDM.

Choice B is pretty disruptive, as you won't have all your shares come up after the switchover, but if you've warned users and business units of an extended outage as part of the switchover, this is pretty straightforward.

Choice A is much less disruptive.  Basically, you'll need to make the right mountpoints on the VDM with "server_mountpoint vdm_## -create first.  Next, you need to stop replication with nas_replicate -stop -mode both.  Stopping the replication leaves the common base checkpoints intact, letting you resume the replication later. Then, you can do a server_umount, followed by a server_mount.  Check the mountpoints on both the source and destination to ensure you have the right filesystems mounted on the right VDMs, if you have more than one.  When it's all said and done, you'll have the same mountpoints on the source and destination side.  When you're ready to switchover to the DR side, the filesystems will be under the right VDM.

When everything is mounted correctly, you can restart the replication with nas_replicate -start .  Don't use the full_copy flag, unless you want to copy all the data all over again.

1 Rookie

• 

92 Posts

October 29th, 2012 09:00

Thanks-you got it.  I'll run with A.

No Events found!