Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

September 23rd, 2008 18:00

Centera and Symantec Enterprise Vault

I am new to the Centera and I have been told by a Symantec Enterprise software person that the Centera has the ability for me to schedule the Centera to go out to the E-mail collections folder on the windows server and "pick up" all the files deposited there. I thought that the Symantic API purchased to connect to the Centera to the E-mail vault was the software to perform this function.

Can anyone set me straight? I thought the application drives the writing and retrieval?

Thanks

124 Posts

September 24th, 2008 06:00

That is correct - The application does the reading and writing to/from the Centera. The Centera is not "aware" of the application

227 Posts

April 26th, 2010 00:00

Hi Dennis,

Do you have any guide to show the steps connecting the centera to a EV ? where to assign the PEA file ?

Thnx

227 Posts

April 26th, 2010 05:00

Ya sure EV to centera , but I was looking for the Symantec document , I thought you already used this before this is why I asked you.

Thanks

124 Posts

April 26th, 2010 05:00

You do not connect the Centera to EV or any other application. You connect EV (or the application) to the Centera. This is done through the application and as such Symantec should be able to proovide you with this info.

Generally speaking (not EV specific), you setup a connection string which includes one or more IP addresses of the primary Centera followed by the pea file information

e.g.

127.0.0.1?c:\temp\profile.pea

April 27th, 2010 01:00

Hi Yousef

Check http://ftp.support.veritas.com/pub/support/products/Exchange_Mailbox_Archiving_Unit/336833.pdf

The section on how to configure Partitions starts on page 177.

Best regards, Holger

13 Posts

May 26th, 2010 11:00

Yousef,

A joint best practices document for Symantec Enterprise Vault and Centera published on October, 2010 is available at http://www.emc.com/collateral/hardware/white-papers/h6790-symantec-enterprise-vault-centera-wp.pdf

Details on how to configure EV with Centera, in addition to planning considerations for an email archiving environment, architecture diagrams, sizing guidelines, etc. are provided there.

Please feel free to comment on topics missing or needing extra clarification.

Regards - Jaime

227 Posts

June 1st, 2010 14:00

good documents, Thanks  holger & jaime

89 Posts

July 29th, 2010 07:00

Hi Yousef,

I see you posted a question regarding Centera & Symantec Enterprise Vault and that your question in this post appears to have been answered. Was this a correct or helpful answer? If so could you please mark the question as Answered (helpful or correct)?

Thanks for your assistance and participation in the Support Forums.

Regards,

Ronan

89 Posts

July 29th, 2010 07:00

Previous post was meant for Donald who started it.....

Hi Donald

I  see you posted a question regarding Centera & Symantec Enterprise  Vault and that your question in this post appears to have been answered.  Was this a correct or helpful answer? If so could you please mark the  question as Answered (helpful or correct)?

Thanks for your assistance and participation in the Support Forums.

Regards,

Ronan

No Events found!