Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

March 15th, 2011 12:00

Centera connection issue

Hi all.  I am currently working with the XAM SDK 1.0 Patch 2 and have downloaded the VIM as well.  I am trying to run the C# .Net example application but am running into the "xam/connection failed" [XAMLibrary_Connect] error.  I have also attempted to use the XAMVerify tool and it also fails with the same error.

The connection string I am using:

"snia-xam://centera_vim!128.221.200.61?c:\\xam\\us2_profile3_rdqeDcw.pea";

Initially I was receiving the xam/vim not found (1011).  Utilizing these forums I realized I had not set the environment variables as required.  That being done I started running into the error above.  I downloaded perfmon.exe as suggested in another thread and found that my initial connection string was incorrectly typed.  That problem being fixed I am stuck and can't figure out why I am unable to connect to the online Centera device.  Any ideas?

I am currently running Windows XP SP3

409 Posts

March 15th, 2011 13:00

Two possible causes come to mine

1. that cluster may actually be offline.  Try one of the others

2. If the other still can't be connected check that there is not a firewall rule in place that blocks TCP and/or UDP on port 3218.  It must be open for both

12 Posts

March 15th, 2011 13:00

Thanks for the quick response, Paul.  I have tried us3 and us5 as well with the same result.  I will hunt down my network guy and see if the port is being blocked by the firewall.

12 Posts

May 3rd, 2011 13:00

This ended up being a firewall issue which got resolved by the network team.

No Events found!