Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

November 16th, 2010 09:00

Change Node IP's and Replication

I need to change the node IP addresses on a Centera at my DR site.  I believe the ip address changes can be accomplished by submitting the "set node ip" command in the CLI.......

My question is how do I change the replication info on my primary Centera and update it with the new addresses of the target Centera?  Is there any harm in performing an IP address change such as this?

November 17th, 2010 07:00

Could you please click on answered to stop any further threads as this is now resolved.

November 16th, 2010 09:00

Hi,

There is no harm in changing the IP address.

You need to type "set cluster replication" on primary centera  to set the replication info and provide with the right replication address.

18 Posts

November 16th, 2010 12:00

Thanks....that command appears to be exactly what I'm looking for.

I have one other question.......I changed the IP address of one node and then placed its port in the new VLAN I assigned it to......however the new address is not pingable.  Do I need to restart each node after I change the address?

Looking at my node list.....the node I changed shows Online, ETH2 shows connected, and the External IP column lists my new IP address.......

November 17th, 2010 02:00

Hi,

check if ICMP is enabled or disabled for nodes with one or more external  node roles. If ICMP is enabled for a node with one of the external node roles,  all nodes with that role can respond to a ping.

"show icmp"

Output

show  icmp

Node          Roles         ICMP

----------------------------------------

c001n01      M              Enabled

c001n02      R              Disabled

c001n03       A,M,R         Enabled

c001n04      A              Disabled

----------------------------------------

Roles: A(ccess),  M(anagement), R(eplication), S(torage)

If icmp is disabled follow the steps.

This below command enables or disables Internet Control  Message Protocol (ICMP) for the nodes with the defined scope. Possible scopes  are:

• all —  all nodes with an external node role

• access —  all nodes with the access role

• management — all nodes with the management role

• replication — all nodes with the replication  role

"set icmp  management"

Enable ICMP for  nodes with management role (yes, no) [no]: yes

Issue the  command?

(yes, no) [no]:  yes

18 Posts

November 17th, 2010 06:00

Thanks for your help......I actually had to issue a "Restart Platform OS" from the Centera Viewer on each node after I changed the IP address.  I have everything changed and replication is working well.

-Regards.

No Events found!