Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

May 10th, 2011 03:00

Exception thrown in FP Library: Error -10153 Unable to load PAI Module

I have now moved a little closer to solving my problems.

I am now getting the following error in my log files.

"Exception thrown in FP Library: Error -10153 Unable to load PAI Module"

I am trying to run an application on a 64 bit Windows 2008 R2 machine.

The pai_module.dll I am using is version 3.2.98 I have previously used version 3.1.70.0.

The dll is located here 'C:WINDOWS\System32' on both machines

I do not get the error on my local machine where I am running it on Visual Studio 2010 app server.

The error is shown when I run it on IIS 7 on a 64 bit Windows 2008 R2 machine.

The question is - Am I running the correct dll?

Is it located in the correct place?

If not what is the correct version to use and where is the correct place to place it?

Regards

Phil

417 Posts

May 10th, 2011 04:00

Phil - why did you start up a second thread and then not fully explain the issue you were having. Your previous posts were under:

https://community.emc.com/thread/120546?tstart=0

That being said, we can now progress it here.

You should be using the “set” of DLLs that came in the SDK you downloaded. Ensure that only the relevant 64 bit versions are installed - maybe you are first picking up the 32 bit versions (or older versions that may have been installed by CenteraTools) somewhere else on your path?

As for the location – it needs to be somewhere within your IIS environment library search path. Pay particular attention to permissions of the directories and the binaries!

Please note that Windows Server 2008 R2 has not been fully qualified yet (that is underway).

As you are able to get it working normally under your Visual Studio environment, I would suggest that this is not a Centera SDK problem but an IIS cinfiguration issue. Maybe you should post your issue on an IIS forum e.g. "problem locating native C DLLs under IIS".

13 Posts

May 11th, 2011 03:00

The pai_modle.dll should sit in the c:\WINDOWS\SysWOW64 folder for 64 bit machines.

This solved my problem.

Cheers

Phil

No Events found!