This post is more than 5 years old

A

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

December 12th, 2013 16:00

Process/Procedure to Delete Data Pools from Centera Gen4LP Nodes

Hello All,

I have to delete a pool on a Primary Centera and the related pool on the Secondary Centera. These are Gen4LP (GE) nodes and the current code version on the nodes is 4.2.2. There is approximately ~4TB of data (C-Clips info) in the pools.

And here is my question, Do we have any process or procedure that we can follow to remove the pools (with data deleted). Do we need to do any preliminary checks before performing the delete pool command? Also, do we get back available space on the Centera after performing delete pool command?

Thanks in advance for your help.

337 Posts

December 13th, 2013 03:00

As far as I know, due to the Compliance feature of Centera, we cannot delete pools after data or profile is stored in it.

19 Posts

December 18th, 2013 01:00

Hello shivatadepalli you can delete the pool after deleting all the data on the pool & set reflection expiration from the garbage collection window. at this point pool deletes will be successfulthe virtual pool itself doesnt take space on Centera its the data that counts so its not a problem having an unused pool.

you can rename the pool using update pool access command instead of waiting for reflections expiration to be able delete it.

337 Posts

December 18th, 2013 10:00

Yes off course, it is a perfect workaround.

No Events found!